No announcement yet.

Netgear DGN2000

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netgear DGN2000

Im after some professional advice. I've been through 3 different wireless routers in the last year. I now have the Netgear Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Router. The wireless is inconsistent as has all the other wireless routers I've had. We've got 5 PC's that use the router but not all at the same time.

The problem is, is that it will be working fine but then cut out and wont reconnect but its still visable in the list of networks. The LAN PC will still work but none of the wireless. To fix this we need to restart the router.

All Firmware is updated and all laptops and PC wireless cards are with in 1 year old and signal strength is great.

Any ideas would be great.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Netgear DGN2000

Are you sure it is a wireless problem and not related to "Dodo, Dodo, the Internet that dies"?

You will need to check for other wireless interference that may be affecting any wireless connection. Netstumbler, if using XP or Vistastumbler is using Vista. will find both.
    Running any old Panasonic cordless phones in your office/home/location?
    Have you tried changing the wireless channel to avoid channel interference from neighbours?
    Are you using an old microwave oven? (Seriously)
    Are the laptops using an 11n wireless card or 11g?
    What transmit power setting is on the wireless router?
    What encryption method are you using? (Please do not say WEP )
    Departed: 23rd December 2015