Networking with Office

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking with Office

I have a small domain with one domain controler running 2003 enterprise edition with active directory. It is also a file server. All client computers are running XP Pro. and Office 2003. One department in the company has larger, but still smaler than 1MB, office documents than the other departments and they struggle to open it from a network share and also to save to the network share. The NIC's are forced to a 100/Full Duplex. If I copy the document to the local mahine, open it, edit it, save it and then move it back to the share it workes fine and fast. I have also installed all servicepacks available. The document's contain tables, pictures and text.

Is there anyone who can give me some advice or ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanx

monitor the server subsystems to find any bottlenecks.
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Networking with office.

Thanx for your reply so far.

One of the girls was away for a wile and she returned today, she has office 2002 instaled on a xp machie and she can work just fine. Everyone used to use Office 2002. Is there any tool I can download or someting I can do to make office files created in 2002 work better in 2003.

Many thanx

Comment

Networking Office 2003

Thanx for all the help.

I have solved the problem, I downloaded a converter because office 2003 caused the picture in the header to curupt. All is fixed.

Hope it will stay that way.

Many Thanx

Comment

Thanks for sharing
          Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
          HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
          the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Working...
          X