Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcatel Speed Touch Home+PPPoE

Hello everybody
    I have a problem with configuration of my modem and the connection with PPP over Ethernet. After I upgraded its firmware to KHDSAA3.290 version, it doesn't connect anymore. I tried to reset the modem, via hardware, but the button doesn't work!
    I use Mac OS X (10.4.11) with PPPoE (see figure)

Panel TCP/IP is setted with the only PPP. I underline that this configuration has always worked with my modem, so I think the problem is in the modem. But I haven't found any guide about the configuration of my modem with the PPPoE protocol! And, most of all, I didn't write it anywhere!...
    My ISP doesn't have people who may help me...
    Is there someone of you that have this modem configured for PPPoE and have time to show it to me?

I hope it

Have a nice day

Update: I solved the problem. Whoever needs the solution, write me, ok?
    Last edited by marilý; 11th August 2009, 17:16. Reason: problem solved

Re: Alcatel Speed Touch Home+PPPoE

Why not just post it for the benefit of all?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'll try...

Open a browser and go to 10.0.0.138 address.
      Click on Phonebook and delete alla Br1, Br2 etc... voices. Then go to the form below, named:

Use input fields below to add a new entry.
      Name: the name of your ISP
      VPI: 8
      VCI: 35
      type: bridge
      click on Add

You now have this page:

Go then and click on Bridge.
      Delete all and write what you see in this last image:

Then click on Save all

Now, if you have Mac OS X (or Windows) well configured, it should connect and navigate into the Internet very well.

All the rest of possibile configurations (about DHCP, DNS and so on) can be done, but they are not prioritary. If anyone may help me to better configure my modem, I am happy about it.

In order to upgrade the firmware, go here:
      http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/doku.php...rmware_upgrade

and do it as soon as possible. It is not the complete solution to all bugs this modem has, but something has been made by Alcatel.

Have a nice day

Comment

Thanks for sharing your detailed reply
        Rep++
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I'll rep that too..
          Daniel John
          A+, HDA, MCP (x3), VCP

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

************************************************** **********************
          ************************************************** **********************

Comment

Working...
          X