Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SpeedTouch Pro Bridging - can't connect - PPPoE trace?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedTouch Pro Bridging - can't connect - PPPoE trace?

I've modified my (spare) SpeedTouch Pro (tweaked) to work as a bridge. Neither my router will correctly dial out to the provider, nor will my laptop when directly connected to the Speedtouch. My primary router is in the normal NAT mode, and establishes connections perfectly (otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this )

In both cases, I can see WAN line activity after the dial-out request, but connection is not established.

My router does not have detailed trace information available. When I dial from my laptop (WXP SP1), is there a way to obtain a trace of the dial-out sequence, like you have with "real" modems in the modemlog.txt files?

I know other people have succesfully connected the SpeedTouch to an ADSL provider I've obtained the correct bridging settings (VPI/VCI etc), but I need more info to troubleshoot. [Provider=Planet Internet, ADSL via KPN MXstream]

Any insights?

Wilm

As far as I know KPN uses PPPoA, and does not support PPPoE.

Veel succes,

Roland

Comment

That would explain the symptoms...

So the Alcatel, when dialing out, uses PPPoA, and the router (or WXP directly) uses PPPoE to dial out via the modem in bridging mode. That would explain the symptoms.

I will check with my router vendor to see if PPPoA dialout is/will be supported.

Bedankt,
      Wilm

Comment

Working...
      X