Wireless APs with web page requesting password to allow internet access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless APs with web page requesting password to allow internet access

I was hoping to draw on the forum's experience with the following and get some trusted advice.

I am implementing a Wireless Internet for some Conference Rooms. A number of Businesses use them and we will be providing Free Wi-Fi. However, I want to have the ability to secure the Wireless connection (maybe with WPAv2) but allow customers internet access by them inputting a password into a web page that grants them the secure access.

I realise that in order to gain the initial access they would need a security key but is there a way to achieve the Free Wi-Fi without the initial security key being required and allowing the password to be easily changed on a daily basis, whilst ensuring an encrypted wireless Internet for their security, somehow the key being downloaded to their machines automatically?

Help appreciated and any recommendations.
    Last edited by Virtual; 3rd June 2009, 12:11.

Re: Wireless APs with web page requesting password to allow internet access

Hi Virtual,

Will any of these help?

http://www.howtoforge.com/wifi_hotspot_setup
    http://www.howtoforge.com/wireless_hotspot_howto

Of course you can use different WAPs and some of the tools mentioned in there Chillispot and Paperspot
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Wireless APs with web page requesting password to allow internet access

Thanks L4ndy. That's along the right lines. I was hoping for a more Commercial offering that we can pay for. It's important that it's reliable and we have some kind of waranty and support as well. Definitely worth researching your suggestions further though.

Comment

Working...
      X