Thomson SpeedTouch 510 v6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomson SpeedTouch 510 v6

I've read the posts on how to reset the password on the speedtouch 510 and how to upgrade from home pro.

My problem is that the modem provided by our Telecom company is password protected, even after you reset it using all the methods i found in the site (and it does reset to defaults) the modem just keeps asking for a password.
    even the chanlange password didn't work.

my only guess is that the passwork is hardcoded with the software and i'm sure a firmware upgrade would resolve this issue.

the only problem is i can't access the modem to check which version is installed nor how to upload the firmware.

the IP address for the modem is 192.168.1.254 (not your usual 10.0.0.138 )
    the MAC is 00-14-7f-82-f1-94
    and the chalange password is : 1015148857

here's what i get when i try to ftp to the modem using the chalange password:

C:\>ftp 192.168.1.254
    Connected to 192.168.1.254.
    220 Inactivity timer = 120 seconds. Use 'site idle <secs>' to change.
    User (192.168.1.254none)):
    331 Password required.
    Password:
    530 Permission denied
    Login failed.
    ftp> quit

or even telnet :

Username :
    Password : **********
    Invalid username/password.
    Closing connection

and i tried all combinations of username (admin, Admin, Administrator , ... )

is there a way to upgrade the modem and get the password, i need to configure my modem to dial the PPP connection.

I tried to expalin exactly what i did so far.

regards,

Nalbi.
    40.00%
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by biggles77; 25th May 2009, 02:12. Reason: Fix smile 8)

Re: Thomson SpeedTouch 510 v6

What is the poll for? It does not seem relevant to your post and does not allow the possibility of other DSL modems

Many ISPs customise routers with their own passwords etc -- your options are to ask their tech support (unlikely) or get a new router and set your own configuration
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Thomson SpeedTouch 510 v6

Agreed - hacking the property of your telcom is a no no.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X