Internet Sharing using router and switch

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Sharing using router and switch

Hi there!

Greetings to all experts out there!!!

This is my first time there in Petri IT Knowledge. I hope all my concerns will be answered here clearly... I have a friend with an internet cafe, he uses broad band connection with modem, router and a switch. Now, I ask him a favor to give my office a connection and share for an internet from his icafe. He gave me an extension cable for my computer to connect on the internet. The cable extension that i'm using is directly connected to the router. I tested it and works i have an internet now. What i'm trying to do his. the cable extension he gave to me, i plug it on my switch because i want my other computer connect to the internet. i thought it was ok and all of my computer does it connection to the internet... Suddenly, i tried to browse on my computer and the other computer connected on my network does it have... What should i do to connect all of my computers using his cable extension.... Your reply will be very much appreciated...

Re: Internet Sharing using router and switch

I suggest you plug your switch into your router thus:

YOUR PCs-->Switch-->Router-->Friends cable
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **