Alcatel Speed Touch Pro ADSL modem + Windows 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcatel Speed Touch Pro ADSL modem + Windows 2003

I am using ADSL with Alcatel Speed Touch Pro modem and a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition.

I am trying to configure all to become this a Web Server, FTP Server and Terminal Server form my customers.

I read the article written by Petri, explaining how to create NAT roles on my modem to make it work. All configurations for ports 80, 21 and 3389 are done like his explanation but when I try to connect my server over the internet I can't reacch success. I receive errors.

On my internal network, workstations can make ftp, web access and termial server conections without problems, but when an outside computer try to do it, an error occured.

What is necessary to do in order to combinate Alcatel Speed Touch Pro ADSL modem + Windows 2003 server to provide WEB, FTP and Terminal Server access over the internet ?

You either have a problem on your Win2003, or on your Alcatel. Let's try to see what you did wrong.

Try the DEFSERVER command to point all traffic to your Win2003 and then try to establish a connection from outside, from a computer that's not a part of your network.

If that works then your Win2003 is ok, try to see what you did wrong with your NAT command.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Petri
      You either have a problem on your Win2003, or on your Alcatel. Let's try to see what you did wrong.

Try the DEFSERVER command to point all traffic to your Win2003 and then try to establish a connection from outside, from a computer that's not a part of your network.

If that works then your Win2003 is ok, try to see what you did wrong with your NAT command.

What you mean DEFSERVER command ? It is a command on windows 2003 ? I also tried execute this comand on telnet for Alcatel modem.

Please, tell me where the defserver command must be executed.

Thanks

Comment

Using the defserver command routes all incoming traffic to the ip address you set:

At the telnet interface type:

nat defserver addr=10.0.0.150 (if 10.0.0.150 is in fact the ip of your computer)
        nat save

to check, type:

nat defserver

and then the deault server ip will be shown.

Comment

Working...
        X