Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static Ip - Now my internet connection is slow and times out constantly

Hey guys,
    This is my first time on this board so please let me know if I overstep my bounds.

I consistently was having NAT problems with my torrents and playing games online with my PS3. I gave my computer a Static IP and it resolved both of those issues beautifully. My torrents download blazing fast and I never get drop outs from multiplayer. However, It seems to have affected my internet connection. My connection is generally a lot slower than it used to be but worse than that it consistantly times out when loading a webpage and can even disconnect my internet.

These are some of the settings I am dealing with.
    My router is a LINKSYS Router Wireless G WRT54GS.

----------ROUTER----------
    My router settings are as follows:
    Internet Connection Type: Automatic Configuration - DHCP
    DHCP Server: Enable
    Starting IP: 192.168.1.100

Wireless Settings: Disabled
    Firewall: Filter Multicast

Port Range Forwarding:
    Utorrent: 192.168.1.150
    DMZ: Enabled: 192.168.1.50

-------COMPUTER----------
    Computers IP Address: 192.168.1.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway:

And I think thats it. I would really appreciate any help you guys could offer.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Static Ip - Now my internet connection is slow and times out constantly

I just realized this might be better in a different forum or thread have you guys seen any specific websites that might would be a good for me to try.

Comment

You will need to set a gateway on your PC with the internal router address (192.168.1.???)

Also note the forum policy on illegal downloads. I know torrents have some legitimate purposes (which I hope is the ONLY thing you are using them for)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Just having a quick read so might have misunderstood you but....
        Are you saying web browsing has got slower since your torrents got better? You may find there is an option in utorrent to restrict how much bandwidth the torrent gets, I believe usually it gets everything so that leaves nothing for your browser to use.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X