Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson SpeedTouch 510

Hi,all
    My router SpeedTouch 510 often make not possible to connect it by web browser or telnet,sometimes - that is probable. Therefore, I cann't to perform upgrade to this device,to open ports...Maybe,someone being familar with this trouble?
    Thanks for advance.

Re: Thompson SpeedTouch 510

Does power cycling always fix the issue, or is that hit and miss?

Is the router running the latest firmware?

Does the router feel like it may be overheating? Ensure adequate ventilation around it.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for your answer.
      The device is not running latest firmware.I hope,that router not hit and I will force ventilation around it.
      Regards.

Comment

Maybe upgrade the firmware then?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Is it in warranty?
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Just had a look at your ISP and from memory (about some 4 years ago) a thread mentioned that the ISP hard coded the specifications so the end user was not able to access the GUI and make changes. Also these devices ran hot (like the Siemens Speedstream 4200) so I never liked them for that reason.

Anyway, if the modem was supplied by your ISP, check with them before you try doing anything to it. If they don't hard code them anymore, see if you can obtain a secondhand modem and see if that makes any difference to your connection. Do you have a Router attached to the 510?
            Do you have it connected to the PC by USB or Ethernet cable? If USB, change to Ethernet.

When you do an IPCONFIG /ALL, what IP range do you get? Do NOT post the Public IP of the modem (that is the one supplied by your ISP. Often refered to as the Farside IP )
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hello
              here is a one great forum about Speedtouch,its in German but English theard aswell,,
              there is all about include firmware,update tools and test tools.,,
              http://www.speedtouchforum.de/
              Regards
              Dedek

Comment

Working...
              X