Speedtouch Pro w/fw, Version GXKLAA3.430 for VPI-8 Variant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedtouch Pro w/fw, Version GXKLAA3.430 for VPI-8 Variant

I use the speedtouch pro w/fw with software version 3.430, downloaded from UK support center. There must be two versions of that software applicable to VPI-0 variant and VPI-8 variant. I looked around the web but I am not in success to locate the required file to download. The file name must be GXKLAA3.430. Do you any idea where to find it?
    The UK supoort center published only the VPI-0 variant of that software, but not VPI-8 variant. I am not sure which one is applicable for my case. Do you know what the differences are between VPI-0 and VPI-8 variants?

VPI is one of the settings that is configured on the ADSL Cmux port to cater for your line configuration with the ADSL provider.

I am only taking a stab at the difference in these two softwares (until I research a little with my contacts) but I would be inclined to believe the VPI settings are a regional thing, with VPI-0 and VPI-8 being the settings used by the ISP's in the particular country associated with each setting.

This would also explain why the UK Support centre would only list 1 variant of the software, if you where to look at other Speed-touch support centres, they might have the other variant.

Where abouts are you from?

B.

Comment

I am in Turkey, ISP is Turk Telekom (a state company serving ADSL) and VPI=8 is used. Due to that reason, I am looking for the VPI-8 Variant of the software. I contacted with Speedtouch support center in UK to get specific file. But, the supoort center does not have that file, and I could not get it.
      Why I am looking that file? I have a simple problem on my Speedtouch Pro w/firewall and I think the new file can help to me.
      The problem definition:
      When I look at the adsl info page of Speedtouch modem, it does not show the available bandwitdh (up and down). Those info fields are always zero. But the connection is ok and all the computers behind the speedtouch can access the internet and surf easily. I assumed that the new file (VPI-8 variant) can solve that problem. Am I correct?
      Regards,

Comment

Yes, you are correct, the new file might fix the bug that you are experiencing.

It might be best to email Alcatel Support and explain that you need the firmware with the VCI-8, as the other firmware is not going to perform the right task, they can either point you into the right direction as to where to download, or they can tweak the VCI - 0 cariant so that it's copmpatible with your ISP/Location.

Information you will most likely need to provide:

* Modem/Router Serial number
        * Current issue being experienced
        * Desired firmware version
        * Anything else you believe they might require.

Hope this helps.

B.

Comment

I tried to get the file from UK support center of Alcatel. I tried to give many different ideas and details about my difficulty. Then, I requested the variant-8 file. Maybe it is my chance, but nobody has an idea about that file and how to locate the file in Alcatel organization or Thomson company.
          I will re-try to define my request via their support pages of web site? I wish that time the question would be handled by a different person in the support team.
          By the way, do you have any idea about which parameters in the configuration file of speedtouch can cause that the availbale bandwitdh fields represented as zero? If you have any idea I will try to look at those parameters in the configuration file.
          BR

Comment

The variant-8 file is not available in UK

Finally, I got a response from the support center in UK. The file I am asking is not available in their database. If any person has an idea on "where to find the file", I will appreciate.
            Regards,

Comment

Re: Speedtouch Pro w/fw, Version GXKLAA3.430 for VPI-8 Variant

Originally posted by rumeli
              I use the speedtouch pro w/fw with software version 3.430, downloaded from UK support center. There must be two versions of that software applicable to VPI-0 variant and VPI-8 variant. I looked around the web but I am not in success to locate the required file to download. The file name must be GXKLAA3.430. Do you any idea where to find it?
              The UK supoort center published only the VPI-0 variant of that software, but not VPI-8 variant. I am not sure which one is applicable for my case. Do you know what the differences are between VPI-0 and VPI-8 variants?
              hi rumeli,

would you (or anybody else) be so kind and tell me where in uk did you find the version that you are talking about GXKLAA3.430 VPI-0, i'm fom canada and this is exactly what i'm looking for...

or if you still have it, you could email it to me at [email protected]

i can offer an invitation (or more) to gmail ...

many thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
              X