Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DYNEX (DX-EBDTC) Not Connected Status !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYNEX (DX-EBDTC) Not Connected Status !!!

I'm running Win XP SP2, This Wireless Network Card is properly installed and device is working properly but its LED does not come ON, no TX/RX lights. I already checked and card is plugged firmly into the PCI slot of PC. Device Manager also list it without any errors.

This card stays in "Not Connected" status. I tried to use "Repair Connection", Disable/Enable the card but no luck. I also tried to check/uncheck the Radio Option as well. I also tried to use its own software to get online but the actual Network Card status needs to be changed else nothing could be done. I also tried manually putting IP addresses but no luck either.

I've an iPOD and that connects to my router easily even from much farther distance. It surfs the internet without issues, so Router config can't be the issue.

I'd like to use my PC using this card (dx-ebdtc) to connect to my another PC which has a Wireless Router B catagory. This card supports B and G networks. Is there any tweak I've to do to get it running? How I can get it to Connected Status?
    Thanks

Re: DYNEX (DX-EBDTC) Not Connected Status !!!

What security are you using on the wireless network? Can you see your network's SSID in the list of detected networks? Have you tried rebooting the router? Have you tried the card in another PC?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I use WPA with shared key but it doesn't matter because it is not connecting. This card works when installed on another PC with same OS same SP. On this PC: Card is recognized and shows: 'properly working' in Windows Device Manager, but show 'Not Connected'. It can't detect any network since it is not connected. I've rebooted the router several times. The only last clue I'm getting is: may be it has radio disabled and I can't see whether it is or not. There is a drop down menu in the windows properties box in Advance Options and that is showing Radio=Enable. May be I should return this and get some other card since this one has hardware compatibility issue.

Comment

Originally posted by samdazz View Post
        I use WPA with shared key but it doesn't matter because it is not connecting
        The reason for asking is that it wouldn't connect if WPA isn't supported.

Originally posted by samdazz View Post
        It can't detect any network since it is not connected.
        Wrong way round - it can't connect because it doesn't detect any networks to connect *to*.
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Now I changed it to a newer Linksys USB Wireless Adapter. All is good but actual wireless connection is established only for 5-10 seconds and than it drops off and rescans for wireless networks and get connected and drops off in 5-10 sec. and this cycle goes on and on. Any idea what needs to be fixed. I Disabled the firewall, antivirus program: still no luck.

Comment

How strong does it detect the connection to be? Have you tried the new adaptor with a different PC? Are you using the most up to date software from the manufacturer's website?
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Signal is 95%, driver/software are latest.

If I change encryption mode from WPA to WEP, it works but still shows Limited Connectivity/No COnnectivity and doesn't drops the connection any more. But this card works fine if used on a different PC even with WPA mode. Any ideas?

Comment

Move the affected PC near to the router and see. Unlikely to help as the signal strength is 95% but doesn't hurt to try.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

i've had similar - and persistent - problems with a this Dynex NIC installed in an XP/SP2 desktop system.

The Dynex NIC client works pretty well with WEP -- but I've never been able to connect it to any router using any version of WPA.

I know it's not a router problem (have tried both a Dlink-N and an SMCb/g, and have been able to connect from a variety of other PCs).

Comment

Working...
                  X