Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet connection Windows server 2003

Hello all,

I can not seem to make a internetconnection (Cable) with Windows server 2003 3 enterprise.

It is a dual boot computer. Windows XP prosessional is installed on C:\
    Windows server 2003 enterprise is installed on D:\ a other harddrive.

Thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely,

Maurice

Ok, how do you have the cable connected to the system? Paint us a picture of your setup.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It's just a cable from the cable-signal to the nic.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Ok,

Can you spell out a network diagram for us to picture your setup...

My diagram spelled out:

I have my ADSL phone line, connecting to a Netcomm NB1300 set into bridgemode, which connects to a Netcomm NB300 Wireless router, which does all my authentication work.

Once Authenticated, my wireless router then connects to my server through it's inbuilt switch using a cross-over cable (connecting on the data uplink port as this has it's own segment of RAM to assist in speed), the rest of my PC clients connect on the switch through straight thru cables, and my laptop over the inbuilt 10mbit wireless.

All my authentication is performed via the router, with nothing happening on the computer end, my firewall is also unbuilt int he router, but I run a firewall client on my server machine, and have everyone connecting to the internet via the server as a firewalled proxy.

Now you have my example of what Biggles and myself are sort of looking for.

Now you did mention that you have a dual boot, can you get connection from the Windows XP partition, but not the Windows 2003 server boot, or are they both completely down???

B.

Comment

I think what he means is he's got a direct connection from his cable modem. I'm I correct maurice? If that is it, I'm having the same problem. If I figure it out I'll let ya know.
          I was born naked in to this world. At my current age I now stand taller and have a passion for computers. I know too much for my own good but, I'm not complaining.

Comment

John/Maurice,

What ISP (Internet Service Provider) are you guys using, do you require a 'heartbeat' to keep the internet connection live and show there is a device connected to the router?

What kind of Router are you using to interface with your NIC?
            Have you been given settings, or trying DHCP to get IP, etc?

B.

Comment

I've decided to give up on this for a while. I got better things and it'll be a few years until I really need to know how to use this OS. Anyways, if I ever need to find out how to use this I got a resource. After talking to a close computer bud of mine I found out he knows a DHCP wiz. That'll be good when I need to find out how to use it. Anyways, thanks for offering help.
              I was born naked in to this world. At my current age I now stand taller and have a passion for computers. I know too much for my own good but, I'm not complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by John McClane
                After talking to a close computer bud of mine I found out he knows a DHCP wiz. That'll be good when I need to find out how to use it. Anyways, thanks for offering help.
                It would be awesome if this DHCP Whiz joined up here, he might be able to offer good information to others, and if he proves helpful, he might be able to win an award through the MVMM scheme.

Anyway, I will await Maurice, as I would like to try and work out the solution as well

B.

Comment

Working...
                X