Speedstream 6520 , upgrade firmware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedstream 6520 , upgrade firmware

I have got Speedstream 6520 modem, I tried to update firmware from the link below:

http://bigpond.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/..._faqid=12383#2

I follow the instructions, not thing happened, software utility stays sitting there for ages to initialize.

I tried to upgrade from two different PCs, using two different cables, and two different router's ports.

I downloaded software on two different PCs to eliminate the possibility that the firmware might have corrupted.

Any advise where might the problem ?

Re: Speedstream 6520 , upgrade firmware

I just had a quick look on the Siemens website and according to them the modem already supports ADSL2+, so I am note quite sure why you need to upgrade!
    If your firmware is slightly older then I'd suggest you give Siemens a ring about providing you with the firmware as I couldn't find an option to download it from their site.
    I am a bit dubious about the authenticy of that firmware provided in Bigpond. Could it be re-enginered?
    I'd be cautious when upgrading any firmware. Always make sure the firmware is from the manifacturers site.
    It creates more problems if anything goes belly up and you have to Ring them for support.

***This advice doesn't apply to any experimentalist amongst us***
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
    X