Need help to configure NetComm NB1300 ADSLModem as router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to configure NetComm NB1300 ADSLModem as router

I have 2 PC running Windows Xp Pro and each PC has its own Ethernet network card, an Internet ADSL connection with Iprimus ISP,
    a Netcomm NB1300 modem which is a 10/100 Ethernet/USB ADSL modem with integrated router, a Ritmo 8 port hub/swith with uplink port, and an Internet ADSL connection with ISP Iprimus in Melbourne Australia.
    SInce the Netcomm manual did not supply details and did not mean much to me for a successful setup, I tried also many attempts but failed.

How can I correctly configure:
    1. the NB1300 modem as a router (setup details please)?
    2. the network between the 2 PCs.

So that each PC independently (without being one as PC server) can straight forward access the Internet via the network, regardless of the other PC whether it is running or not.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Check out the info at this iPrimus site. http://www.iprimus.com.au/support-index.asp?refcode=
    iPrimus have a funny setup with the earlier model Netcomm. You have to setup a Dialup connection for the router to work. This may not be the case for the 1300, but I don't know. If the above link doesn't help, then you need to contact the iPrimus Helpdesk. http://www.iprimus.com.au/contact/ or 1300 85 11 85 , 24 hours, 7 days a week.

I would suggest you connect the Netcomm 1300 into the Ritmo and then connect the PCs to the switch. Try to avoid using the USB connection on the Netcomm.

If you still have problems post back here.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Need help to configure NetComm NB1300 ADSLModem as route

Originally posted by joh
      How can I correctly configure:
      1. the NB1300 modem as a router (setup details please)?
      2. the network between the 2 PCs.

So that each PC independently (without being one as PC server) can straight forward access the Internet via the network, regardless of the other PC whether it is running or not.
      Thank you very much in advance.
      NB1300 comes with a standard IP (not sure if it's a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx IP, but this will be in the first few pages of your manual).

Set your IP to be on the same subnet, or use DHCP (enabled by default on the NB1300) and then plug an ethernet cable directly into this modem (might require X-over, not 100% sure).

Once you have connection to the modem/router, open up Internet explorer, and put the modem/router's Ip address into the address bar, this will get you into the configuration wizard.

Once in there, you will be given a login screen, user name is "Admin" and password is "password" (by default).

From here, everything is pretty much self explanatory, you put your username and password for the ISP into the fields that ask for it, and set the connection to PPPoE (works best with the NB1300) and click the save button at the bottom, but then you NEED to also hit the save and reboot after that to make the settings come into effect.

Once the modem connects to your ISP without a problem, you need to change the default passwords (obviously), and then set up the modem to connect to your hub/switch and then configure the PC's to either DHCP, or give them IP addresses on the same IP/Subnet to talk to the modem.

B.

Comment

Working...
      X