X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INI Files Destroyed - Alcatel ST

Goodmorning,

I need some help if it's possible.

Starting yesterday I get an ALCATEL ST Home ADSL ( POST ) modem out of my basement.

I made it the upgrade from Home to PRO and start playng with the version of the firmware.

Since my provider want 8*35 VCI I was not able to delete this already configured command line.

Question is:

COULD ANIBODY OF YOU SEND ME THE ORIGINAL *.INI FILES LOCATED INSIDE THE ACTIVE DIRECTORY INSIDE THE ALCATEL MODEM ?

MODEL NUMBER IS 3EC 18604BC - AC05 ( ITALIAN )
    POTS NETWORK TERMINATOR

MY PROVIDER IS TISCALI

The list of needed files are:

adsl.ini, config.inf, dhcp.ini, dnsd.ini, ip.ini, nat.ini, phone.ini, ppp.ini, pptp.ini-

It is preferred the orignal untouched files, so I can restore the default situation and restart the upgrading procedure from the beginning.

I've made editing of the files without save them before modification ( I'm stupid I know, but was late in the night and I was tired; I simply forgot to backup all ).

Thank You so much for anybody would like to help me.
    I can pay a good beer or a pizza or ... I don't know ...

Re: INI Files Destroyed - Alcatel ST

Maybe not that much help, but for the price of a beer and pizza (and some lasagne) you could purchase a new modem/router that has a nice GUI and is much better than a 8 - 9 year old piece of Alcatel crap.
    I have an English Pro version but i don't think the files will do you much good due to the language difference.

Have a look at the following link and see if you can find some links to the required files. http://www.ozcableguy.com/alcatel.asp Some of the liks lead to sites with other links that you may find useful. Sorry I can't be more precise. Netgear do have a nice interface for their devices. TP-Link also have good cheap devices with the older ones hving the same easy to use Netgear GUI. (8810 & 8840 both have crap GUIs)
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks so much.

I agreed with Your reply, but I like the challenge.
      There is no fun in buy new modem.

I discover a new "world" inside this 'crap', funny enough to keep me busy somehow.

I'll have a look of the suggested site.

Thank again

Comment

Let me know if you get stuck as I will try and extract the files you require. Who knows, they may just work.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi,

the prolem is that the WEB Interface is completely corrupted.
          My modem is a G series ( the file is GV8BAA3.281 )

I can not work trough the web interface in any manner.
          I would like to restore the complet set of *.ini files to see what happen, what ever they are. They may even work with an Australian set.

It is even true that may be some check sum that avoid a direct modification of such files; I will see ...

What need to be done is collect all the ini files in the 'active' directory of the modem with a what ever FTP client ( leech, ... ) ZIP and send it via email.

Can You do this ?
          THANK AGAIN for Your answer.

Comment

I get visit the site You suggest, bur the files inside there are not helpfull for this matter. They will help later as soon as I'll fix this first problem.

Than I'll have to block unwanted "guest" at the door of the modem.

Thank again

Comment

I think the best present you could get is a large hammer and safety glasses.

I'll see what I can do but it may be a few days. Remind me if I haven't replied by this time next week.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Bump. Message for me.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Finally remembered to have a look at the files. Unfortunately I have a model that had been customised by the ISP and as such are totally useless for your purposes. Sorry.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X