Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alcatel Speed touch Home Pro and Di-624+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alcatel Speed touch Home Pro and Di-624+

    Hi,

    First of all a big hello to everybody around here. I never posted here before, but the tutorials were quiet helpful when I upgraded my Alcatel Speed Touch Home to the Pro version. Many thanks for this

    Now, I'm trying to go a bit further.
    I just bought a Wireless Router from DLink, a Di-624+ and I'm trying to connect my PCs and the Alcatel to it.

    At first, I just try to plug everything in lan-port (I will install PCI wifi once everything else is working ). Bad luck, the PC doesn't see the Modem anymore.

    I went here, read the article about bridging. It seems to be what I need. I save all my settings on paper, just to be sure to be able to restore them. I applied the Bridging tutorial. I just had to change the VCI, because my ISP (Easynet in Belgium), uses 35 instead of 48.

    Then I log to the Di-624+ web interface page and applied what is in the router manual... and it does not work

    As the router is doing DHCP, I configured it to give address between 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.137. Then I changed the Di-624 adress from its default address (192.168.0.1) to 10.0.0.254 (255.255.255.0). I do not change anything else in the modem config. The PC are not even able to ping the modem (maybe is normal, I do not know).

    I then configured the Di-624+ to establish a Dynamic PPPoE connection and I provided my username and password...

    Whatever configuration of username (with or without the @easynet, @EASYNET or @easynet.be), nothing happened. The modem's send and recieve lights are not blinking at all. If I check the WAN status on the Status screen, it says "connecting" for seconds, then "disconnected".

    What things am I doing wrong ?
    What do I have to do to make it working ?

    Any help will be very appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    CptDobey

  • #2
    Add an wireless broadband router to network with speedtouch

    Hi,

    I have exactly the same problem with my Edimax wireless broadband router.
    Did you find something?
    Gilbert

    Comment


    • #3
      As I told you privatly, if I put a 10Mb hub between the wireless router and the ADSL modem, it just works fine. This is not very elegant, but it works.

      Anyway, I do have another issue right now. The router is starting to block access to some sites (web, ftp,...). These sites used to work, then one day they do not anymore. Of course, I did nothing for this to happen.

      If I do a TRACERT on these site here is the typical result :

      C:\WINNT\system32>tracert www.easynet.be
      Détermination de l'itinéraire vers www.easynet.be [213.193.146.10]
      avec un maximum de 30 sauts :
      1 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 10.0.0.254
      2 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      3 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      4 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      5 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      6 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      7 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      8 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      9 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      10 * * * Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé.
      [...]

      Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé means TIME OUT...

      For a site which is working here is what happend :
      C:\WINNT\system32>tracert www.google.com

      Détermination de l'itinéraire vers www.google.akadns.net [66.102.11.99]
      avec un maximum de 30 sauts :

      1 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 10.0.0.254
      2 <10 ms <10 ms <10 ms 10.0.0.138
      3 16 ms 31 ms 31 ms 81-x-y-z.adsl.easynet.be [81.x.y.z]
      4 31 ms 47 ms 31 ms at2-0-56.cr2.gdbru.be.easynet.net[212.x.y.z]
      5 31 ms 31 ms 31 ms ge0-1-0-0.br2.gdbru.be.easynet.net[212.x.y.z]
      6 16 ms 47 ms 15 ms gr0.gdbru.be.easynet.net [207.x.y.z]
      7 31 ms 32 ms 31 ms so0-2-0-0.gr0.thlon.uk.easynet.net[207.x.y.z]
      8 15 ms 32 ms 31 ms ge1-0-0-0.br0.thlon.uk.easynet.net[207.x.y.z]
      9 31 ms 47 ms 47 ms ge0-0-0-0.er0.thlon.uk.easynet.net[195.x.y.z]
      10 47 ms 47 ms 94 ms 195.66.224.125
      11 47 ms 31 ms 78 ms 216.239.49.254
      12 31 ms 47 ms 47 ms 216.239.48.50
      13 47 ms 62 ms 47 ms 216.239.49.58
      14 47 ms 47 ms 63 ms 66.102.11.99

      Itinéraire déterminé.

      Note: 10.0.0.254 is the private address of my router, and 10.0.0.1 is the address of the ADSL Modem

      I hard-reset the router but it does not solve the issue.
      I browse to all the router configuration screens and I do not find anything about this.

      Any help will be very appreciated.

      Thanks in advance.

      Comment


      • #4
        A little folow up

        I solved all my issue and Dlink support has nothing to do with it

        Here is the clue (short):
        I disable the DHCP server of the 624+.
        I configure the Alcatel to act as a PRO (always connected, DHCP,...)
        I connect the Alcatel to any port of the 624+ but the WAN port (with a regular RJ45 cable).
        I am not doing any more IP Spoofing, nor bridging.
        The computers now obtain an IP address given by the Alcatel, not the 624+.

        Ok, like this, I know I am using my router as a stupid hub, but at least it doesn't block my traffic anymore.

        BTW, I can still configure the security settings as the MAC filter, and they are active.

        If you want any details, feel free to mail me.

        Comment

        Working...
        X