Failing to visit some sites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing to visit some sites

I wonder if anyone would like to hazard an opinion as to why some such as a lady in the Orkneys using BT Broadband cannot always see the site below using what is now Orange free web space, while many others elsewhere seldom have any such problems. It is perhaps because of the isolation of the Orkneys or perhaps because Orange are using web space leased from another provider?

http://www.g4cus.freeserve.co.uk/ART/ARTISTC.htm

Re: Failing to visit some sites

"Cannot always see the site"

Does this mean she can SOMETIMES see the site, or she can NEVER see the site?

Does she have any problem with other sites in the freeserve.co.uk namespace, e.g. www.freeserve.co.uk and other members sites within that.

Since it is the Orkneys, have you checked for (a) sheep eating the phone line (b) too many seagulls perching on it and (c) the tide?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the interest

She says she cannot always get into both the Artistic Freeserve site mentioned and another one untill she tries again later one, but I believe she has no trouble visiting other sites.

Comment

Just a couple of wild things to try given the entire story will take a while to unfold:

1) I take it she is using IE 7?

2) After the web site is not found, if she hits the backspace key, does it show up (Grandma has that problem).

3) Turn off the MS phishing filter as it tends to muck stuff up if the connection is really slow.

Give more info and we'll give you more stuff to try
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Rick

I will pass your message onto her

Gordon

Comment

Working...
          X