No announcement yet.

Can't Access Speedtouch Pro

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Access Speedtouch Pro

I was trying to change my DHCP leased addresses from 10.0.0.X to 192.168.1.X and have locked myself out of the modem. I went into the DHCP tab on the modem config page and changed the leased ranges from to whatever to - I also changed the subnet mask to from the standard I hit enter and as expected I lost connection to the modem. But it now doesn't assign an IP addresses to the two PCs connected to it and I can't get back into the admin panel to change anything. I didn't see any way to change the admin page of the modem from to a 192 address so I assumed (wrongly) that the admin page would remain at I have tried to ping of life and ping to default but they both don't work. When I try to ping to life it tells me that the 01-90-D0-80-01-01 address is incorrect and doesn't allow it to be entered. When I try ping to default the command is entered fine but when I type arp -a, no connections are listed. I have tried to hold down the reset button on the back for 4 seconds (I also tried it for over a minute) with no appears as though it is faulty and does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

What is the IP of the PC you are using to access the Alcatel?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

It is supposed to be DHCP but it is not being assigned anything by the modem. I tried putting in a static address in the - range with a subnet mask but that doesn't work.

Well I figured it out. Basically I needed to change the IP of my computer to 10.0.0.x (not the new 192.168.1.X range I had specified) and put in the old subnet entry of and gateway of Then I could connects to the modem and properly change the IP scheme (i.e change the modem IP first before screwing with the assigned IP ranges.).

So you changed the DHCP, but didn't change the modem, therefore the IP's the modem was dishing was incompatible wth the IP the modem had in the firstplace...

And once you did the reset it went back to