Alcatel/NAT/WebServer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcatel/NAT/WebServer

I own an Alcatel Home Modem which I've converted to PRO some months ago.

Last week I've decided to use my workstation as a small webserver for my personal pages. So I enabled NAT as described clearly in Petri's articles to redirect ourcoming queries on port 80 to my private address at port 80. The concept is pretty much clear indeed. But whenever I try to access the page I get a time out error. I then did an nmap on my public IP and the results told me that port 80 was "filtered". My Linux firewall is configured correctly (I allow both incoming and outgoing packets to and from port 80). I have also tried to remove the modem's firewalling feature. So it seems that this is a problem with NAT.

Can someone indicate me what i'm doing wrong?

(PS: This problem seems to be *VERY* common to many users using this forum but the solution was never posted... I just hope that some good guy points us what we're doing wrong)

Thanks in advance.
    Ganninu

Yes, PLEACE!

Comment

So you say that when you use the DEFSERVER option in the Alcatel it works out fine, but when you use a port mapping it doesn't? Did I get it right?
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

never said dat

Comment

Re: Alcatel/NAT/WebServer

Originally posted by ganninu

I have also tried to remove the modem's firewalling feature. So it seems that this is a problem with NAT.

Thanks in advance.
          Ganninu

I thought you did. Well, do it now and see what happens.
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

sorry maybe i wasn't clear enough on my first post - I disabled the firewall as well and I still didn't get it to work correctly. I have also probed for any open ports, but again, nmap and other online tools gave me a "healthy system" with "filtered ports" and none of my ports were open!! Seems dat my firewall cannot be removed!!! (neither pin-holing!!)

Comment

Working...
            X