• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for a wireless router

Shalom,

I am currently using an Alcatel Speedtouch 510 dsl modem that I got
    from Bezek for my adsl line. I interested in getting a wireless router &
    adapter. Can anyone recommend a manufacturer and model that will be
    compatible with the router and run without a problem?

Thanks
    Sheffer

NO D-link!

I am not too familiar with models and vendors but I have worked a little with Dynmode Wi-Fi routers and they are pretty good and dynmode are also very good in all network components so I'm sure it goes for thier Wi-Fi equipment too. One more thing, don't buy and D-link routers (and probably adapters too).

Comment

The Ozcableguy has a nice Reference Guide that may assist you. Please note that all his prices are in Australian $$$$. http://www.ozcableguy.com/quickref.html
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Get yourself a Belkin wireless router with built in ADSL modem and it will work within 2-4 mins after installation. Its very easy and has an excellent user guide. Plus you will also get a 24 hours support and a lifetime warrenty on the product. Can't ask for anything more

Regards
        Ashwin

Comment

Originally posted by Ash58
          Can't ask for anything more

Regards
          Ashwin
          Actually you can and that is reliability. I personally don't find Belkin products impressive. Sorry.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I am currently using 2 setups....

I have a full netcomm system, NB1300 Bridged into a Netcomm NB3000 Wireless router, this provides the ADSL connection, and then Ethernet from the connection to the router. This gets full speeds, and has been going endlessly for over a year without reboots, and it took about 20 mins to install, that's from getting it home, flicking through the manuals, to installing the hardware and configuring everything.

The other setup is the same NB1300, but hooking up to a Zywall 10W Wireless router, this was a little more tricky, as the Zywall uses a PCMCIA wireless card, and requires configuring to accept the card, and a little more playing around to get everything working the way you would want.

I have also used the Dlink solutions and find these both reliable and easy to use, and also they offer faster speeds that the Zywall and NB3000 routers I currently use. (54mbit as opposed to 11mbit).

B.

Comment

Somebody mentioned Belkin router. I have bought the new 54G one and it is crap as performance is involved. The User interface is great and all the options work file but the wireless range is crap.

I thought it was my card so i bought a new Belkin card but now it is even worse as the card dies every 5 hours and i need to reboot.

I am using a borrowed netgear router now and it is a bit beter but the card still dies every 10 minutes. Call Belkin and they are useless ....
              Regards,

Mario

MCP,MCSA , CCNA , No Life

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                Originally posted by Ash58
                Can't ask for anything more

Regards
                Ashwin
                Actually you can and that is reliability. I personally don't find Belkin products impressive. Sorry.
                I agree. Mine requires a reboot every so often.
                Server 2000 MCP
                Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Draytek are a good product!

www.draytek.co.uk
                  UK Newbie!

Comment

Trendnet or Edimax
                    crocus

Comment

Anything without a Connexant chip in it!!
                      Server 2000 MCP
                      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I find Linksys to be a good wireless router. But with most electronics you'll have some kind of problem eventually. Make sure you don't put a 2.4 Ghz router near a 2.4 Ghz phone. It'll get ugly. Very ugly.
                        I was born naked in to this world. At my current age I now stand taller and have a passion for computers. I know too much for my own good but, I'm not complaining.

Comment

keep yoursel away from SITECOM routers!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X