Defserver command on Alcatel Speed Touch Home to Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defserver command on Alcatel Speed Touch Home to Pro

I have the Speed Touch Home that I converted to the Pro version. There are games that need a wide range of ports open such as MechWarrior 4, and some that don't list what ports they use when running a server. To deal with this, I'd like to be able to foward all ports. The "defserver" command should do this, but when I enable it, I'm no longer able to surf the net, or do anything on the net. Once I disable the defserver, the modem works fine again.
    I know you can pin hole ports, but when a game needs 100 ports to be ready for use, pin holeing each port is not an option. Can a Pro version converted STH use the defserver command?

Re: Defserver command on Alcatel Speed Touch Home to Pro

Originally posted by Stomp357
    I have the Speed Touch Home that I converted to the Pro version. There are games that need a wide range of ports open such as MechWarrior 4, and some that don't list what ports they use when running a server. To deal with this, I'd like to be able to foward all ports. The "defserver" command should do this, but when I enable it, I'm no longer able to surf the net, or do anything on the net. Once I disable the defserver, the modem works fine again.
    I know you can pin hole ports, but when a game needs 100 ports to be ready for use, pin holeing each port is not an option. Can a Pro version converted STH use the defserver command?
    Reply: When "defserver" is configured just the DNS doesn't work properly (if you use explicit IP address in the URL it would work fine). Therefore, you've to enter to your PC network interface TCP/IP properties and change the DNS to "use the following DNS address...". That is, the PC stops using the modem as a DNS proxy. The internet access should work properly.

Comment

Reply: When "defserver" is configured just the DNS doesn't work properly (if you use explicit IP address in the URL it would work fine). Therefore, you've to enter to your PC network interface TCP/IP properties and change the DNS to "use the following DNS address...". That is, the PC stops using the modem as a DNS proxy. The internet access should work properly.[/quote]

I'm not sure what to enter. I logged into the modem, and entered "nat defserver addr=10.0.0.139" as before. I then entered "save", and then "exit". I checked to make sure the "defserver" was configured. I then rebooted the modem.
      Once the modem rebooted, I went into the NIC's TCP settings, and clicked on the "Use the following DNS server" option, and entered 10.0.0.139, then saved the setting, and rebooted WinXP. After rebooting, it still won't access the internet. I also tried entering 10.0.0.138 in the DNS field. Are you using a hacked Speed Touch "Pro" modem?

Comment

Reply: When "defserver" is configured just the DNS doesn't work properly (if you use explicit IP address in the URL it would work fine). Therefore, you've to enter to your PC network interface TCP/IP properties and change the DNS to "use the following DNS address...". That is, the PC stops using the modem as a DNS proxy. The internet access should work properly.
        I'm not sure what to enter. I logged into the modem, and entered "nat defserver addr=10.0.0.139" as before. I then entered "save", and then "exit". I checked to make sure the "defserver" was configured. I then rebooted the modem.
        Once the modem rebooted, I went into the NIC's TCP settings, and clicked on the "Use the following DNS server" option, and entered 10.0.0.139, then saved the setting, and rebooted WinXP. After rebooting, it still won't access the internet. I also tried entering 10.0.0.138 in the DNS field. Are you using a hacked Speed Touch "Pro" modem?[/quote]

[Reply] You have to enter the real (!) DNS (primary and secndary) addresses - 10.0.0.x can't be the proper address. To find out the DNS addresses (assuming the modem uses PPP and is the same as mine) you shoud enter the modem web configuration page, then the PPP page, and there the DNS information appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon
          Once the modem rebooted, I went into the NIC's TCP settings, and clicked on the "Use the following DNS server" option, and entered 10.0.0.139, then saved the setting, and rebooted WinXP. After rebooting, it still won't access the internet. I also tried entering 10.0.0.138 in the DNS field. Are you using a hacked Speed Touch "Pro" modem?

[Reply] You have to enter the real (!) DNS (primary and secndary) addresses - 10.0.0.x can't be the proper address. To find out the DNS addresses (assuming the modem uses PPP and is the same as mine) you shoud enter the modem web configuration page, then the PPP page, and there the DNS information appears.[/quote]

I used the web interface to login, and went into the ppp configuration menu, but the DNS fields have "none" entered. I'm not sure what to do now. It seems as if it's impossible to set this up on this modem.

Comment

Use ISP DNS Settings

The Network adapters TCP/IP DNS Settings must be set to use the ISP (Internet Service Provider) DNS Servers. You Can Obtain that information from the ISP, either from their WEB Site or by calling them.
            For example if your using netvision as your ISP then the primary or preffered DNS Server IP is: 194.90.5.1
            Anyway, just set the DNS setting to your ISP DNS Servers.

Comment

Working...
            X