accessing through linksys router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing through linksys router

I,m sorry for you guys that have to read this.I'm new at this and don't understand all of the terminology.

What i'm trying to acomplish is "Remote Desktop" to my home desktop (LAN) computer .
    I have a linksys wrt150n wireless router .This router was recomended from linksys them selves after my original Linksys router no longer would except firmware,and linksys teac support couldn't help me acomplish this task.So i needed to buy a new.No problem , if that all it takes "ok".

Over ten calls later they still can't get me to perform the task.
    I hooked the desk top directly to the cable motom, worked perfectly so i believe it's the router.
    I tryed putting the ip# into my web brower with the :8080 ,doesn't work
    I have dynamic IP ,so i use NO-IP.com

Can somebody Help.

Thank You
    Martyt

Re: accessing through linksys router

It won't work until you tell your router which ports to pass to which IP in your network.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
      It won't work until you tell your router which ports to pass to which IP in your network.
      I did That .I have it port forwarding through "remote deskTop" port #3389 on both.
      LINKSYS HAS ME ALSO PORT TRIGGERING ON , #3389 to 3390 and 443 to 443.
      doesn't work.
      Any Ideas
      thanks
      Marty

Comment

Are you telling it WHERE to forward to and is Remote Desktop enabled on the target machine? Does the User Account have Remote Desktop permissions and does the account have a password?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X