No announcement yet.

"Invalid file uploaded : too short" error while up

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Invalid file uploaded : too short" error while up

Hi everyone , i am trying to upgrade my Alcatel from Pro version to 510 ...
    The problem is that every time i 'm trying to upload the GV8BAA3.721 file i recive the same annoying error : Invalid file uploaded : too short .

I search google , and here as well but i didn't found any solutions yet ....
    I tried to upload the file via ftp client .. in binery mode ... the upload went well , i did saw the file inside the DL dir ... but i wasn't able to upload it from the browser ....

The funny thing is that each time i restarted the modem , the GV8BAA3.281 file went back as the passive version .... it's unnecessary to add that i did REMOVE PASSIVE and also run the cleanup command ...
    What else can i try ? maybe i should downgrade it back to home and than start all over ?
    Attached Files

Try downgrading to the previous firmware, and then try again.

It sounds like the firmware you are trying to upgrade to has been corrupted somewhere, maybe also try to re-doanload the firmware and have another look at the file specs, if the site lists the size and dates, compare them before attempting the upload, it's not uncommon for a file to loose or gain a byte or 2, or get altered in some other form, which the modem has probably picked up and decided to error on.

Regards, B.