Wifi Networking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi Networking

CCurrently I have 30 P4 system. All is connected through a wired networking and sharing a bradband connection from bsnl. And also have a Dlink DI-524 Broadband router. It is installed in director cabin for wireless connectivity to his laptop. Director cabin is in ground floor and my lab is in first froor. Now I want to setup wifi networking in first floor 30 pc. So pl tell me how can I do this. Is I required another wifi router or accesspoint. And What is the difference between Wifi router or Access Point. And What I have to opt.
    Parvinder Singh
    (System Administrator)
    Institute of Productivity & Management
    Pallavpuram Meerut
    UP

Re: Wifi Networking

If the 30PCs have built in WiFi, all you need is an Access point connected to a LAN port on the router

If they dont, you will need two access points capable of working in "Wireless Bridge" mode. One will be connected to the router, the other to the upstairs LAN. Traffic will be sent between them.

It is unclear from your post if the 30 PCs already have internet connectivity. If they do, why do you need to do this?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X