Linksys router & Aztech modem connetion problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linksys router & Aztech modem connetion problem

Hi all!
    My first post, so take it easy on me.
    I have a linksys WRT54G router and Aztech asl-600e modem.
    On the router latest firmware is installed.
    The router address is on class C (

The modem is configed as it is from bezeq - I didnt make any changes, but I do know that his address is (class C again) and it gives as a gateway.

I was connected to 015 and it was working fine until last night.
    the linksys router refuses to connect to the internet through the modem and returns the same message all along "cannot find IP address of PPPoE server".
    To make sure there is no problem with my username/password - I tried to connect the modem without the router to the computer - and it was working fine.

One more thing to note is when I try to connect through a different ISP - NO PROBLEM! Only with 015 I can not get internet access. I tried ther support, they are not much of a help.

I read in different Forums about the option to change the modem to a bridge mode.
    Does any one have any suggestions?

10x for your time.

Re: Linksys router & Aztech modem connetion problem

Who/what is 015? ISP?

Without looking up the WRT54G specs, I am assuming it is a wireless router. Have you connected the Aztech into the Linksys WAN or LAN port?

Do an IPCONFIG /ALL and post it back here. You can use:

c:\>ipconfig /all >lan.txt and then edit out any bits you don't want seen. The TXT file can then be attached to the post or if it isn't too long, pasted it into your post.
    11 was a racehorse.
    22 was 12
    1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Sorry for that, Yes - 015 Is my ISP.
      The router is wireless and I connected the modem into the routers WAN port.

IP Config result from the pc connected to Port-1 in the router:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . :
      Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . :
      Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
      DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . :
      DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . :

question - how does the router works with one ISP but not working with another?

thanks again for your time.

I have seen this happen a lot when WRT54G is the second router on the network and ISP's router is the main router. I usually bridge the ISP router and let WRT54G do every thing.