Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't access speedtouch 510 from outside

i can't access my speedtouch from outside
    i usually do it , but suddenly i can't . when i am trying to access it from outside by :
    telnet ( my dynamic ip ) he told me that
    couldn't open the connection to the host on port 23 connect faild
    so what's wrong ?
    is there any problems that can make this bug ?

Re: can't access speedtouch 510 from outside

Simple question - Your dynamic IP address has not changed has it thus your trying to connect to the wrong IP address?

Can you ping the external IP address?

If your attempting to connect to the correct IP address then try a few different things:

1. Try rebooting the router (I sometimes have to do this every once in a while on my linksys)
    2. Disable and then re-enable the option that lets you connect to the device externally.
    3. Try resetting the device back to the defaults and then configuring it again.

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

firstly thx for ur attention
      the story is :
      i used to get into my brother remote pc :
      he is not good in pc maintenance so i take his ip and get into by remote administration program to fix his bugs from my home .
      but sometime i need to configure his router to add ports or do somethings
      i did it several times but suddenly i can't access the router by his dynamic ip
      but i can access the pc by remote adiminstrator program by the same ip
      so the ip is correct
      by the way , i did what u said , reboot the router also disable and enable it again
      but that was useless
      that's all
      thnx again for ur attention

Comment

have you had any other issues with the device? You could try and re-load the firmware/check for the latest edition.

Comment

It is NOT recommended to ever access a home router directly from the internet. This leaves a gaping hole in your home network security.
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by nassar View Post
            but i can access the pc by remote adiminstrator program by the same ip...
            So, why not use his PC, that you can remotely control, and configure the 510 just as if you were sitting at his PC? I do this quite often, when the router is not enabled for remote management. Yes, Wired is right, so if the router or whatever is not remotely manageable, use the brother's PC to do it instead!
            Best wishes,
            PaulH.
            MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

u r right paulh
              but i wanna know the problem
              since 5 days i were doing it simply and suddenly the access had stopped
              just want to know why the router doesn't permit me to get inside that's all

Comment

Ultimately we can't give you a concrete answer. Perhaps the port got blocked. perhaps the firmware got corrupted.

The world may never know.
                ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can also try resetting it back to factory settings, then putting your config back in again by hand, see if that fixes it. To do this you will have to visit your brother. <<EDIT: Oops, sorry! M80arm already said this!!

Often, as Wired says, it's impossibe to say why something went wrong, often it's only possible to try and provide a solution.
                  Best wishes,
                  PaulH.
                  MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

thnx guyz , i will check it out

Comment

Working...
                    X