Public IPs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public IPs

How can i find a public IP like (206.236.122.45) available free, means not assigned to anyone. in other words, How can i scan (alive/dead) OR unassigned public IPs in the world?
    Last edited by alitoday; 16th February 2007, 11:16.

Re: Public IPs

There are no "Free" IP's - they're all owned by someone. (This is why IPv6 was invented - because IPv4 ran out of IP addresses). So - you may be able to find public IPs which are not currently in use, but to try to use it would be illegal.

Apart from that, what device would you assign it to, and how would you be connected to the Internet? I think InterNic would have to be involved and would have to "authorise" that IP address from that location.

Further to this, you would need a direct connection to the Internet (as opposed to connecting via an ISP) which is mucho dollar.

So - you might find IP addresses which are not in use, but the barriers to using them yourself would be huge...

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Also, is there a reason why you are looking for an IP? Another goal you are tying to accomplish? If so, please state it so that we can help you with it in the correct manner.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Since you are already connected to the internet (your post did not arrive by carrier pigeon ), just ask your ISP for a "static IP". They may charge a bit for it, but it should be a few $ a month only.

PS -- yes, I am already aware of RFC 1149 and RFC 2549
        Last edited by Ossian; 23rd February 2007, 12:02.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          PS -- yes, I am already aware of RFC 1149 and RFC 2549
          ^^^ Love it! Absolutely love it!
          Best wishes,
          PaulH.
          MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
          X