• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem in waking my pc up from outside

i have a speedtouch 510 router
    and i can wake my pc up from outside by the site :
    www.dslreports.com/wakeup
    by the real ip address and the mac address of my ethernet network card , aslo i opened a udp port 9 in my nat config.
    and its working properly but the problem is :
    when i leave the pc for a long time as 5 or 6 hours in shut down mood and i try to turn it on from the mentioned site it doesn't work and i have to turn it on manually and shut down it again then i can wake it up properly
    so does the time has effect in wake my pc on ?

Re: Access Dlink router from outside ?

A mod may wish to clarify - but I think you should start a new thread, perhaps?
    Best wishes,
    PaulH.
    MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Re: problem in waking my pc up from outside

Originally posted by nassar View Post
      i have a speedtouch 510 router
      and i can wake my pc up from outside by the site :
      www.dslreports.com/wakeup
      by the real ip address and the mac address of my ethernet network card , aslo i opened a udp port 9 in my nat config.
      and its working properly but the problem is :
      when i leave the pc for a long time as 5 or 6 hours in shut down mood and i try to turn it on from the mentioned site it doesn't work and i have to turn it on manually and shut down it again then i can wake it up properly
      so does the time has effect in wake my pc on ?
      This looks like a follow on to this thread:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=13295
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

split into new thread.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes it is. I'm not a moderator so there's not much I can do about it but I do certainly appreciate the work moderators go to in order to keep this a well run, polite and constructive forum.
          Best wishes,
          PaulH.
          MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
          X