Access Dlink router from outside ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Dlink router from outside ?

i wanna access a dlink router from outside .
    i can do this with speedtouch 510 by ( telnet ip )
    but when i do this with dlink it doesn't work
    can anyone help me in this issue ?

Re: Access Dlink router from outside ?

When you put the Dlink outside, make sure you have it covered incase it rains. If it get wet, it will not work.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i mean does the command telnet works with dlink router or not ?
      because i tried it several times from a different routers and they don't work

Comment

What model of DLink have you got?

When you say "from outside" do you mean you are trying to telnet into the public IP address of the router from a remote site that is outside the building? Many routers have a setting like "Allow management from the web" - unless you tick this setting, the router wil refuse all attempts to configure it from any PC ouside the local area network.

Let me know and I will try to help you.
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.
        MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

i wanna access my router from a remote location not from the local netwrok
          and my router model is Dlink dsl-502T
          by the way i have also a speedtouch 510 router and i can access it from remote location by ( Telnet real ip ) and this is done without any configuration manipulations .
          thnx for ur help

Comment

OK, now things are clear, I will look into it and get back to you. It may be tomrrow though...
            Best wishes,
            PaulH.

Comment

Originally posted by nassar View Post
              by the way i have also a speedtouch 510 router and i can access it from remote location by ( Telnet real ip ) and this is done without any configuration manipulations .
              thnx for ur help
              Have you actually read your manual? DLink works similarly to most consumer and SOHO routers in this regard. See page 42 of the manual (52 of the PDF):

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DS...nual_v3.00.pdf

This is the "first" copy of the manual I found. I'm guessing you are not from Australia so look for the comparable page in your manual.
              Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
                See page 42 of the manual (52 of the PDF):

ftp://files.dlink.com.au/products/DS...nual_v3.00.pdf

Yes - that's it, Rick's done it already. I have nothing to add. He's quick!
                Best wishes,
                PaulH.

Comment

Originally posted by nassar View Post
                  thnx for ur help
                  Actually, I do have something to add, by the way. Being able to configure a router from the web is a security risk. It may be easier for you to have an easy router that by default exposes itself to remote web configuration, but the DLink is "better" in that you have to decide to enable this. Really, when you have finished configuring the router, I advise switching this facility off, so that nobody can configure it from outside the building. Security.
                  Best wishes,
                  PaulH.

Comment

thnx guyz for ur attention
                    this pdf may help soo much
                    realy there is a property in the router of access the router from the web
                    u can check it or uncheck
                    thnx again ur a great forum

Comment

Working...
                    X