Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Access alcatel 510 by telnet from my workspace ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access alcatel 510 by telnet from my workspace ?

hi guyz . i can access my router from my network by telnet 10.0.0.138
    but when i do this from my workspace that gives me couldn't connect
    plz anyone can help me

Re: Access alcatel 510 by telnet from my workspace ?

If by workspace you mean from work, like away from the original network then it is not possible with that IP address. That IP can only be access from inside. If you grace us with more info like the setup then most likely we can show you how.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

thx for ur attention , i mean the work indeed
      but i don't understand (( more info about the setup ))
      tell me what do u want to know and i will show u up .
      thnx again

Comment

what devices (computers, switches, router, etc..) do you have and how they are all connected one to another. A diagram works best.
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

A router has 2 interfaces. An internal 10.0.0.138 on the inside of your network and an external, your public IP provided by your ISP. If you want to access your router from your work, then you will need to know the public IP provided by your ISP and if it is a Dynamic IP it may change frequently.

Assuming you know the public IP you will need to configure port forwarding to enable you to access your home computer/network from your work.

Why do you want to access your home PC from work?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

And let's use something more secure than Telnet.

EDIT: I see you wanting to access the alcatel from the Internet, not your PC behind the alcatel. Is that correct? Don't know about the alcatel but many of these devices disable management from the outside by default (and with good reason). If that's what you want to do, I'd suggest you tunnel in to your PC via Remote Desktop then telnet from the PC to the alcatel.
            Last edited by rvalstar; 6th February 2007, 14:01.
            Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

thnx guyz sooo much
              i have a router connected with switch
              all i need to do is to turn on my pc when it is being shutdown
              i can do this by wake on lan programs but when i am being on the same network
              i send somthing called magic packets
              by sending the static ip of the pc and the mac address of the network card
              but i want to do this from outside
              so i read a topic b4 that told me u must enable something called broadcast ip address so ..
              i have a speedtouch 510 connected with switch
              all i need to turn my pc on from outside or from dialup
              thxxxx guyzzz soo much for ur attention again

Comment

Found your inquiry interesting enough that I'm taking pity on you before DanielP closes this thread for double posting.

Read the Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

Here's a web-based util that doesn't require a broadcast:

http://www.dslreports.com/wakeup

You do need to NAT UDP Port 9 in your Router to the IP of the target machine.

I had varying results with this based on machine, OS and power state: Standby (S1 - S3) vs. Power-down (S5) where I had no problems with AMD's Magic Packet Utility on the LAN so your mileage may vary. But it is worth a try.
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                X