WOL over speedtouch 530v

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOL over speedtouch 530v

Hi... I have enabled WOL (wake on LAN) in BIOS of my PC. My ADSL router is always online, but PC is not. Is there a way to turn-on my PC over router using MAC address, or any other method. I can log to WEB and TELNET inteface from my workplace, but I have no ideas how to boot up computer.

I want to start my pc form ADSL router...

Re: WOL over speedtouch 530v

Does your ADSL router have some WOL option??

I have a linksys router that is running an open linux OS and I can SSH onto the linux box then run the wol xxxxxxx command but I also have to specify the broadcast address i.e. 10.1.1.255.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Sadlly, no... or I can't find them... I connected to router over Telnet... but no WOL options...

still searching for ideas and solutions....

Comment

kojo1984,

I understand you have enabled the wake on lan configuration in your BIOS, so I assume your ethernet connector is on the motherboard. If not, the network card might need a lead to keep it alive when your machine is off. Refer to the motherboard /network card to make sure.

I believe the packet the card listens to is Port 7 or 9 UDP. If there is no configuration from within your router, but it has a Ping utility, you could try pinging it from the router config page.

Please let us know if it works.

Simon
        Last edited by simonsays; 13th January 2007, 01:50.

Comment

Ethernet controller is integrated on MB. I can't ping anything from router.
          When I connect over TELNET on router, it does't have a PING command.

I could try to set a NAT on router to translate specific traffic from external IP and TCP port to internal UDP port (port 7 or 9, like you said). I think that internal IP
          address is also required with internal UDP port, but I will try without it... I hope it will work...

I'll let you know anyway...
          Last edited by kojo1984; 17th January 2007, 13:10.

Comment

I have tried with translating UDP ports 7 and 9, but no success !

I have left inside and outside IP addresses unspecified (0.0.0.0), but no good.

Here is a pic of conf.! Model is Thomson (Speedtouch) 530v5...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kojo1984 View Post
              When I connect over TELNET on router, it does't have a PING command.
              Kojo,

Can you ping an IP from the GUI side of the Thomson device ?

Have you tried;

wol ip <mac address of machine you are trying to wake> from the telnet interface?

If you cannot see anything in the Thomson manual, it might be that the device doesn't support this feature. A lot of people will leave a machine on and VPN or use Remote desktop for access.

Until the gateway device is able to send the *magic* broadcast packet out, you won't wake the machine - if it is turned off it has no IP.
              Last edited by simonsays; 17th January 2007, 20:34.

Comment

When I type "wol ip <mac add.>" (without quotes offcourse ) it states "Unknown command"... So solution should be to leave PC on...

Tnx for trying to help... cheers
                Last edited by kojo1984; 17th January 2007, 23:10.

Comment

Glad to offer help, even though it didn't work for you, sorry.

Incase you do need a solution for the future, I believe Draytek offer advanced features such as WOL.

Comment

Originally posted by kojo1984 View Post
                    When I type "wol ip <mac add.>" (without quotes offcourse ) it states "Unknown command"... So solution should be to leave PC on...

Tnx for trying to help... cheers
                    Do you need to specify a broadcast address to send this to i.e.

When I wake mine up I use

WOL -h 10.1.1.255 (MAC ADDRESS)

10.1.1.255 being the broadcast address for the 10.1.1.1 /24 subnet

Try waking up your machine from another machine on the network to ensure it actually works. Also my machine cannot be worken up if it's powered off, it needs to be shutdown gracefully.

Michael
                    Michael Armstrong
                    www.m80arm.co.uk
                    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by m80arm View Post
                      Do you need to specify a broadcast address to send this to i.e.

When I wake mine up I use

WOL -h 10.1.1.255 (MAC ADDRESS)

10.1.1.255 being the broadcast address for the 10.1.1.1 /24 subnet

Michael
                      This is how I tried to do it... but still no good... I have tried to start it up from another computer and it works just fine...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Only advise I can give now is to have a look and see if there are any forums specifically for you router. Maybe someone on there has some information about it.

Michael
                        Michael Armstrong
                        www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Already done that...I'm Doomeeeed ... Kiddin'... I will keep searching and if I find something, I will post it on this great forum

Comment

Kojo, what is your subnet mask?

for the 10.x.x.x network (Mask 255.0.0.0) the broadcast address should be 10.255.255.255

Yours will work only if your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Tom
                            Tom Jones
                            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Mask is 255.0.0.0... But no difference... Same stuff happening... Or shuld I say NOT happening, hehehe...

Comment

Working...
                              X