Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote access to Speedtouch 510 with router. DHCP Spoofing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote access to Speedtouch 510 with router. DHCP Spoofing?

Speedtouch 510 v.721 dialup/router upgraded from Speedtouch Home

Sofaware Sbox Router with NAT and checkpoint firewall, configured as DHCP client to the Speedtouch.

I am trying to get remote access to my LAN. Normally, https://x.x.x.x.:981 to access my Sbox (x.x.x.x is the outside IP)

DHCP spoofing on the Speedtouch is said to allow the Sbox router to know the outside IP address. But will the Speedtouch pass on the traffic from the outside to the Sbox?

If DHCP Spoofing is not the solution, is there another one?
    My alternative is to go back to Alcatel HOME and have the SBox handle the dialup. Then I would loose the benefits of v510

Re: Remote access to Speedtouch 510 with router. DHCP Spoofing?

To set up remote access to your local area network, you will need to establish a static IP adress for both your modem and your router. I assume you have a static public IP adress from your ISP. This can be found by checking http://www.ipchicken.com or by navigating to 10.0.0.138 --> System info. Then you'll have to follow this procedure:

Establish a static IP adress for your router. Make sure you have disabled DHCP in you SpeedTouch modem. I recommend using 10.0.0.1 for your router, because this adress is interpreted correctly by the SpeedTouch modem. Then you'll have to go to Advanced --> NAPT. Specify the following NAPT entry:

INSIDE IP : ROUTER IP [10.0.0.1]
    OUTSIDE IP: 0.0.0.0 (from everywhere on the web)
    OUTSIDE PORT: SPECIFY INCOMING PORT NUMBER
    INSIDE PORT: SPECIFY THE INCOMING PORT FOR YOUR ROUTER

Go to your router's web interface or telnet server, and specify the incoming port number to be redirected to the client equipped for handling the desired request. This can be done by either UPnP forwarding or simply port number forwarding.

If you want to make sure no ping packets stay behind, simply clone the modem's MAC adress.

MAKE SURE THE FIREWALL ON THE CLIENT SIDE IS CONFIGURED!

Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X