Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How I can access to SpeedTouch 510 settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I can access to SpeedTouch 510 settings?

I have SpeedTouch 510 ADSL modem. I've got it from my friend. On his computer internet connection gone automaticaly. On opening of IE he is already on internet. He always have same IP address. But I need connection where every time I will write username and password. This is because I have got from my ISP ADSL connection with dynamic IP address. It is usefull for me because I can download some file from some webpages with one IP address. Then I made disconect and again connect, and download other file with other IP address. With his modem I can't do that. At IE i've typed 10.0.0.138 but modem asks from me to type Username and Password. But I don't know it. Also my friend doesn't know it. Through Command prompt I've typed telnet 10.0.0.138 but situation is same. MAC address of my modem is 00-90-D0-E5-6C-73.
    Can anyone help me to avoid username and password? Is there exist some way to remove username and password from modem? On that modem doesnt exist button for factory reset.

Please help me.

Regards.

Re: How I can access to SpeedTouch 510 settings?

My advice, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Your friend may have an account that gives him a static IP, in which case you can't change it. If the modem came preconfigured then the ISP may lock you out of the modem by with holding the username and password.

Yours is working, his is working. If YOU stuff up his modem settings so it doesn't work, your friends ISP will charge a fee to fix YOUR mistake.
    11 was a racehorse.
    22 was 12
    1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Anyway,

is it is possible to remove username and password? If yes, please tell me how.

Thanks.

Comment

Have you asked the ISP? The login / password may be authenticating on their servers.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You seem very insistant so here is one way to remove the username and password. It will also remove any configuration settings as well, so YOU will have to reconfigure the modem to get it to work. (Instructions are from the SpeedTouch 510v4 manual)

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS AND THE MODEM DOESN'T WORK.

Hardware reset
          Proceed as follows:

1. Make sure the SpeedTouch™ is powered on.

2. Power off the SpeedTouch™ by pressing the power button until all LEDs turn off.

3. Press the power button once again (shortly).

4. As soon as the Power/System LED is flashing green, press the power button once more (shortly).

5. The Power/System LED stops flashing to become solid green. After six seconds, it starts flashing green again. Press the power button once more (shortly).

6. All LEDs flash green once.

7. The SpeedTouch™ reboots and will come online with factory default settings.

IP will now be 192.168.1.254
          Last edited by biggles77; 11th December 2006, 16:05. Reason: Spelling
          11 was a racehorse.
          22 was 12
          1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
          ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Thanks to all of you. You helped me.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
            X