Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting DSL modem and Router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setting DSL modem and Router

    Hi,
    I'm using Aztech DSL600E modem and Lantech HR114P router. My Problem is when I connect the router to dsl modem, I can't attach a file in my email or upload any file such as to post it to Yahoo Briefcase. If I not using the router (Lantech), that mean I direct connect my Pc to dsl modem, I can do all this thing. I hope to get any help from you all.
    Thanks.

  • #2
    Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

    HI nashidz,
    Thanks for your question.
    Hmm, this is a strange sounding problem.
    Let me ask a few questions to get some more info--->
    - can you surf other websites without issue?
    - can you go to HTTPS (SSL) websites such as your bank, or something?
    - So is the yahoo briefcase the only thing that doesn't work?
    - do you know what protocol the yahoo briefcase uses? FTP HTTPS or something else?

    Let me know and maybe the answers will help to narrow down the problem.

    -David
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

      Originally posted by daviddavis View Post
      HI nashidz,
      Thanks for your question.
      Hmm, this is a strange sounding problem.
      Let me ask a few questions to get some more info--->
      - can you surf other websites without issue?
      - can you go to HTTPS (SSL) websites such as your bank, or something?
      - So is the yahoo briefcase the only thing that doesn't work?
      - do you know what protocol the yahoo briefcase uses? FTP HTTPS or something else?

      Let me know and maybe the answers will help to narrow down the problem.

      -David


      Hi David,

      Yes, I can surf to other website, my banking information. I can't post any file to yahoo briefcase and attach a file in my email. For your info, my router is came with usb printer server. I connect it to my dsl modem (Aztec) using WAN port.

      -Nashidz

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

        Hi Nashidz
        I am confused as to what your router's USB print server has to do with this.
        I understand that you connect your router to the USB modem using the WAN port. That is good.

        Have you tried uninstalling Yahoo Briefcase and reinstalling it?

        Do you have another computer you can try the same thing on?

        When you can't attach the file, what does it tell you? (what is the error?)

        Thanks,
        David
        David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
        Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
        TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
        Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

          Originally posted by daviddavis View Post
          Hi Nashidz
          I am confused as to what your router's USB print server has to do with this.
          I understand that you connect your router to the USB modem using the WAN port. That is good.

          Have you tried uninstalling Yahoo Briefcase and reinstalling it?

          Do you have another computer you can try the same thing on?

          When you can't attach the file, what does it tell you? (what is the error?)

          Thanks,
          David
          Hi David,

          I just telling you that my router came with USB printer server. My router have 1 WAN port, 4 LAN port and 1 USB printer server port.
          I can't uninstall the Yahoo Briefcase because it is access thru Yahoo web page.
          I tried with my notebook and the result is still the same.
          When I tried to attach a file in email it take to long to show an error said something like "the file contains no data".

          FYI, my DSL modem IP using 10.0.0.2 and my router using 192.168.1.1. I'm using the DHCP server from my router.

          My setup:

          ----------|DSL modem(10.0.0.2)|----------------------|router(192.168.1.1)|--------
          dsl line WAN connection LAN to pc


          -Nashidz

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

            HI nashidz,

            Okay, you convinced me that it is the router that is causing the issue, not your PC and not your application. I believe this because you said that you can do HTTP attachments when you connect directly to the DSL modem.

            I tried to find info on your router but Lantech has only a basic user guide. They don't have any documentation for any of the advanced features. It does look like your router does have some advanced features (just no documentation on how to use them).

            From the basic documentation I can see the tabs on your router's administration screen. My suggestion would be to look in one of these screens.
            - URL Access
            - Special Applications
            - Security Settings
            (I attached a JPG of the admin screen from the manual)

            I would look for something related to the firewall that might be causing this. Maybe you could do screen shots of these screens and post them.

            Perhaps their tech support might be able to help on this one too.

            Let us know how it goes.

            Thanks,
            David
            Attached Files
            David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
            Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
            TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
            Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

              Originally posted by daviddavis View Post
              HI nashidz,

              Okay, you convinced me that it is the router that is causing the issue, not your PC and not your application. I believe this because you said that you can do HTTP attachments when you connect directly to the DSL modem.

              I tried to find info on your router but Lantech has only a basic user guide. They don't have any documentation for any of the advanced features. It does look like your router does have some advanced features (just no documentation on how to use them).

              From the basic documentation I can see the tabs on your router's administration screen. My suggestion would be to look in one of these screens.
              - URL Access
              - Special Applications
              - Security Settings
              (I attached a JPG of the admin screen from the manual)

              I would look for something related to the firewall that might be causing this. Maybe you could do screen shots of these screens and post them.

              Perhaps their tech support might be able to help on this one too.

              Let us know how it goes.

              Thanks,
              David

              Hi David,
              Attached pdf file for my router.
              -Nashidz
              lantech.pdf

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

                I have never used (or heard of) Yahoo Briefcase, but could it be that it will not accept certain file extensions? Also, if you are trying to upload a file that has a virus then Yahoo may be detecting it and not letting it through.

                Just a couple of rambling thoughts.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

                  Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  I have never used (or heard of) Yahoo Briefcase, but could it be that it will not accept certain file extensions? Also, if you are trying to upload a file that has a virus then Yahoo may be detecting it and not letting it through.

                  Just a couple of rambling thoughts.
                  Hi Biggles77,
                  Yahoo Briefcase is service which is provide by Yahoo to post our file so that we can access it if we need such as while we are travelling.
                  I face this problem not only with Yahoo Briefcase but also with my email such as Outlook Express or any other email client. I can't attach a file in my email.

                  Thanks,
                  -Nashidz

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

                    You don't mention what file extensions you have tried to attach. Have you tried zipping the file or changing the extension name?
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

                      Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                      You don't mention what file extensions you have tried to attach. Have you tried zipping the file or changing the extension name?
                      Hi Biggles77,

                      Any file extension.

                      Thanks,
                      -Nashidz

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

                        I'd go over here and LQQK around and see what you find.

                        http://www.aztech.com/prod_adsl_dsl600e.html
                        "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Setting DSL modem and Router

                          Not familiar w/ the Yahoo product.

                          Does it require UPnP and do you have that feature enabled in your router?
                          Cheers,

                          Rick

                          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

                          2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X