Running Apache behind a B-Focus 270 router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Apache behind a B-Focus 270 router

I had Apache webserver running from my homecomputer with a ECI ADSL modem . Worked like a charm but since the damn thing was a USB modem I couldn't have internet on my homenetwork . Now I have upgraded to a B-Focus 270 router and I can access the internet from the loo if I want but Apache is dead . Not so much as dead but more like hijacked . The router traps all requests to my IP on port 80 by giving me the interface to log onto to the router . I can access my webpage through localhost and I believe if I were to access it on some other port I should be able to do it but I am not to keen to do that . Question is if I can make the router interface to vacate port 80 and go elsewhere .
    I am on Win2k , SP4 and the firmware version for the router is 20040123 , if that has any bearings .

Re: Running Apache behind a B-Focus 270 router

Originally posted by arv View Post
    I can access the internet from the loo .
    Made me laugh

Check your router and you should be able to forward port 80 to your PC running apache web server. Just check the settings of your router

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

And me!

Or: why not run Apache on a different port?

theterranaut

Comment

Well accessing the internet from the loo was a bit of a personal joke . Freind of mine has his server sitting on the top shelf in the loo since he couldn't find any place for it anywhere , accesses it through Radmin .

Now why not run apache on another port is because I don't want people tp access www.123.com:8080 instead of www.123.com . Just finincky I guess but there it is .

Now as for Michael's suggestion to
        forward port 80 to your PC running apache web server
        I confess to being a newbie . I understand the literal meaning of what he says but I have no clue as to how to implement it . It could be possible that the GUI interface doesn't support it and maybe only if I telnet and do it by hand but it is a bit out of my league .
        Will keep you guys posted on any further developments.

Comment

Thought I would just bump this up because I have had no luck in figuring out how to make it work . If someone knows anything please let me know . Thanks .

Comment

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...0pr/Apache.htm - This link is an explanation how to forward port 80 for Apache server.
            http://www.portforward.com/english/r...pr/default.htm - This link is an explanation how to forward any port for any program.

Comment

Thanks , am going to try it tonight .

Comment

Working...
              X