- phantom.realm.home
    - addr: 10.0.0.4
    - not relevant to this problem...

Alcatel Speedtouch Home tweaked to Pro
    - speedtouch.realm.home
    - addr: 10.0.0.138
    - ports open:
    Code:
    6          10.0.0.10:8099        0.0.0.0:443           0.0.0.0:0     template
    6          10.0.0.4:21           0.0.0.0:21            0.0.0.0:0     template
    6          10.0.0.4:22           0.0.0.0:22            0.0.0.0:0     template
    6          10.0.0.1:3389         0.0.0.0:3389          0.0.0.0:0     template
    6          10.0.0.4:80           0.0.0.0:80            0.0.0.0:0     template
    6          10.0.0.2:3390         0.0.0.0:3390          0.0.0.0:0     template

The goal:

I need to be able to make a simultanous remote desktop connection to both hawk & tomcat. Tomcat listens on 3389 and hawk listens on 3390. The ports (as you can see) are forwarded to the correct ip's, all inbound traffic on port 3389 goes to 10.0.0.1:3389, and all inbound traffic on port 3390 should go to 10.0.0.2:3390

The problem:

Only the connection to tomcat works. The connection to hawk on 3390 returns an error that the computer could not be contacted.

Troubleshooting done this far:

Portscan WAN addr: 3389 AND 3390 are open and accepting connections
    Portscan LAN (10.* addr's): 3389 on tomcat AND 3390 on hawk are open and accepting connections
    I tried specifying different ports for hawk, even 80, with no luck... (I stopped IIS and altered port fwd'ing when I did that)
    Connection FROM tomcat TO hawk on 3390 works fine
    Connection FROM hawk TO tomcat on 3389 works fine

Ok, anyone idea's? I'm out of them... so please tell me, am I missing something here??? I'll feel very stupid, but hey, that's life. Please help...

Greetz

Lukas

Does your router log indicate that the traffic is in fact being forwarded to the correct client? It sounds like your not making to the client.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

How can I check the router log on the Speedtouch Home [upgraded to Pro]?

While trying to connect to hawk I can see an "instance" in NAT LIST on the router indicating my ip from where I try to connect, the correct inside port with the correct inside addr. Weird...

Why do you think the traffic to tomcat on 3389 is beeing forwarded and traffic to hawk on 3390 is not? Is that possible?

Thnx man!

Greetz

Lukas

Comment

Originally posted by Lukas
        Why do you think the traffic to tomcat on 3389 is beeing forwarded and traffic to hawk on 3390 is not? Is that possible?
        There's no logging option? Blah...

It does sound like the router is the problem because you can connect locally but are unable to do so from the other side of the router. Unfortunately I don't know very much about your router so I can't say for certain the cause or the solution to the problem. Perhaps that question can be answered in the dedicated forum for Alcatel modems/routers.

http://forums.petri.com/viewforum.php?f=13
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thnx for help man...

Could one of the moderators move the post please?

Thnx

Lukas

Comment

moved to the right forum...
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I must ask this.
              TCP, UDP checked?
              Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
              X