Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help in recovering local admin pwd on Alcatel SpeedTouch Home/Pro

Hello to everybody,

I bought on eBay an Alcatel SpeedTouch Home changed in Pro and I need to change parameters inside to use it with my ISP.

When I connect my computer to it by ethernet a windows pop-up ask me for a Login and password.

I used all combination thas sellers gave me but without success.

I tread to push the reset button on the rear of modem but anything happen.

Can anybody help me??

Thank you in advance

Felice

Re: Help in recovering local admin pwd on Alcatel SpeedTouch Home/Pro

If you have the manual, try the default username and password. It may have been admin admin. Failing that, checkout the OZCableGuy for lots of good info. Petri.co.il also has a plethera of Alcatel info.

If do not have the modem's manual or you can't find it on post back here for further help.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Normally you should be able to reset it..

I can read that you have pushed the reset button, try holding in the reset button for a couple minutes or so..just an idea

Comment

Dear biggles77,

first of all I wish to thank you for come back to my help request.

I already have Alcatel Speed Touch Home User's Guide but unfortunately I can't find dafault Login and Password.

I've followed OzCableguy link (http://www.ozcableguy.com/alcatel.html) you suggested me and tried to use the Ping-to-Defaults procedure as show below.

The same procedure is described in the User's Guide.

That's incredible but real it works!! Now I can access to WEB interface without password and can set all parameters as needed.

Many thanks again for your help

Kind regards

Felice

(3b) Ping-to-Defaults

This method will reset everything back to factory defaults

Open a Command Prompt Window (Start > Run > Command)
        Type the following (It is case sensitive):-

ARP -s 10.0.0.138 01-90-D0-80-01-FF

Switch the Pro off and back on.
        In the Command Window, type the following:-

ping 10.0.0.138 -t

If all went well, you should start to see replies after 30 secs to 1 min.
        If not, try it again.

Finally, it is imperative to clear the entry we added in the Command Window, so type the following

ARP -d 10.0.0.138

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        If you have the manual, try the default username and password. It may have been admin admin. Failing that, checkout the OZCableGuy for lots of good info. Petri.co.il also has a plethera of Alcatel info.

If do not have the modem's manual or you can't find it on post back here for further help.

Comment

Hi spoofer,

many thanks for your help.

I tried to push reset button in various mode without success, but now I've obtained result.

As you can read im my post I used Ping-to-Defaults procedure.

Thanks again.

Felice
          Originally posted by spoofer View Post
          Normally you should be able to reset it..

I can read that you have pushed the reset button, try holding in the reset button for a couple minutes or so..just an idea

Comment

I would strongly suggest you password enable the Alcatel as it is attached to the Internet and as such is avaiable to anyone who would like to hack your router/PC/network. DO it now and make it a STONG password, not Microsoft strong but really strong. At least 12 characters, uppercase, lowercase AND alpha numeric characters.

eg, password could be seen as [email protected]$$W0rd!$ . DO NOT USE THIS EXAMPLE. Make a passphrase to make it easier to remember. eg I like fishing = eye1iKefi$hin9

DO NOT use birthdates, pets, children's or wife's (girlfriend's names), sports teams, combinations of any of the previous person's bithdays of names.

Creating Passwords. Some good reading. And turn the bloody ping (echo) OFF. You are visible and therefore vunerable. I would suggest you install ZoneAlarms Download and install it TODAY!!
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi biggles77,

many thanks for your suggestions. I will do it surely.

See you

Felice

I would strongly suggest you password enable the Alcatel as it is attached to the Internet and as such is avaiable to anyone who would like to hack your router/PC/network. DO it now and make it a STONG password, not Microsoft strong but really strong. At least 12 characters, uppercase, lowercase AND alpha numeric characters.

eg, password could be seen as [email protected]$$W0rd!$ . DO NOT USE THIS EXAMPLE. Make a passphrase to make it easier to remember. eg I like fishing = eye1iKefi$hin9

DO NOT use birthdates, pets, children's or wife's (girlfriend's names), sports teams, combinations of any of the previous person's bithdays of names.

Creating Passwords. Some good reading. And turn the bloody ping (echo) OFF. You are visible and therefore vunerable. I would suggest you install ZoneAlarms Download and install it TODAY!!

Comment

Echo (ping) is still turned on!! If I can see you, so can the rest of the Internet!!!
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi biggles77,

I'm not using Alcatel modem now but I've to thank you to notice the echo turned on. I just turned it off!

Thank you again.

Felice

Echo (ping) is still turned on!! If I can see you, so can the rest of the Internet!!!

Comment

Ah yes, that's better. Well done.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X