Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router conflict

Hi guy,

I need help, couse im newbie in networking. before this im using router modem for my internet connection. from router modem i used hub for network share. now i buy a wireless router for wireless connection. the problem is how do i connect this router modem & wireless router together under same IP address. right now my router modem using IP 192.168.0.1 (DHCP enable) & my wireless router IP 192.168.1.1 (DHCP enable)

i need to connect my pc from outside my office but the problem is i have 2 router different IP, system can't allowed me to connect from other place. i try ask severeal people, they said to disable 1 router function but i dont know how. can anybody help & guide me?

Re: Router conflict

Hi ybk78, what are the model numbers of the modem and wireless routers?

I'm guessing that the solution will be to disable DHCP on the wireless router and then connect one of the LAN ports to a LAN port on the modem/router. But this is just speculation until I know what hardware you have.

Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

i'm using Artnet RTA 230 ADSL Modem Router connect to D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router & connect to CNet 8 Port Switch for networking

Artnet RTA 230 ADSL Modem Router can refer to this site www.artnet.com.my/RTA230.pdf

Comment

Hi

i have connected it like this:

on the lan i have a dhcp server... and then i have connected to the switch another linksys wifi router i have configured it to bridge mode with wap or wep (this password think) and disabled the access point name publication (so it will not public send the name from the AP) so it works like this

some one is connecting to the AP (wifi router) with the pw and then the dhcp server on the lan is handling the ip request.
        MCSE 2000 Done
        RHCE Done

Comment

Hah! I've found something pretty cool on the D-link site... emulators!

what you might want to do is return the D-link DI-524 and get just an Access Point like the DWL-2100AP (or something comparable to your router only not a router) BTW, I'm not endorsing D-link. Shop around, find what's best for you.

OK, to use your current hardware, what you want to do is disable DHCP on the DSL modem and then plug one of the LAN ports on the D-link into your switch. The reason I say on the modem is because in my experience I've seen wireless routers not pass the DHCP requests on to the DHCP server... it just makes configuration simpler.

Depending on your firmware you may have more options but looking at revC you are unable to change the wireless mode.

HTH
          Post back and lets us know how it goes.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thank for the guide JeremyW....so far i test still ok, but not on entire network yet.
            I let you know result after my project system complete (i'm early November)

Comment

Working...
            X