No announcement yet.

Failed login to alcatel pro router

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed login to alcatel pro router

I have an Alcatel SpeedTouch Home converted to a Pro router. I'm running Win98SE, with the computer connected directly to the modem.

I'm trying to access it's HTML interface through the address.
    I get a password request, but when I type the password that used to work (the one I used to make the conversion to Pro) it behaves like I gave it the wrong password.

To make matters worse, when I try to TelNet in, and give it the same password, it waits a few seconds, and then tells me the connection was lost.

Any ideas anyone

Ilan Kleinberger

I got couple of times connection lost.Don't think this is a big deal.
    Just try to log-in through it again.
    Is it possible that someone else besides you got access to modem?
    You can try also pushing the RESET button for 4 seconds.May-be this will help.
    However the pushing the reset for 4 seconds erasing all customization you did.
    But you'll be able to access the modem with the default password.
    Memento Mori

pressing reset

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with access.

I tried logging in multiple times, always with the same result...

Does this reset the modem to the HOME version?

It still will be PRO.
        Memento Mori

so the only customizations that will be lost will be related to port routing?

The OS will be configured as "default".
            Just the PRO option should stay on.
            Memento Mori

I'm afraid it had no effect.

I pressed the 'defaults' button on the back of the alcatel unit for a solid 5-6 seconds, just to be sure I pressed it long enough.

There doesn't seem to be any change. I still have the connection to the 'net, and I still can't log in neither by HTML not by TelNat.

Do you need to press particularly hard, or something?

Can I damage the thing by pressing the button again? I dimly remember someone telling me that if I press it twice it reverts to the FACTORY settings, and that I really don't want that to happen...?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again...

Did you tried blank password?
                Memento Mori

I did in both cases. No Joy.

What kind of router you have? 510?
                    What OS version? 4.0 or 4.2?
                    Have you tried this link?
                    Memento Mori

1- The router only reads 'Alcatel SpeedTouch Home' (I converted it to pro).

2- I'm not sure what you mean by OS, the router's bios? I have no idea. How do I find out (bear in mind I can't log in...?

3- Yes, I did. I tried both the ping-to-defaults and switch-to-defaults, with identical results, or more accurately, NO results. Nothing changed, so far as I can see. I still have the connection to the 'net (which means the router is still capable of dialing to the ISP) and I still can't log in to neither the HTML nor the TelNet interfaces...

Sorry, no more ideas...
                        Memento Mori

I just noticed that when I try to log in using TelNet, it tells me I used the wrong password, before loosing the connection. I don't think it was there before.

Does one usually need to log in right away at the beginning of a telnet session? I thought you needed the numerical password only for the EXPERT options, no?

Yes it is.
                            Somehow the password was set for the USER account
                            Memento Mori

when pressing the button in back, do I have to press it particularly hard?