Intel Proset/ wireless Authinacation issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Proset/ wireless Authinacation issue

I have the Intel Proset wireless utility installed on all the laptops on my network. Some of the laptops have lost the authincation with my network. I have tried hard wiring the laptops the network and logging in, but that dos not work. THe wireless configeration will not allow the (student user account to connect to the network (the connect button is grayed out). I have tried logging off as user and logging on as administrator and I still have the connect button grayed out. Rebooting does not help. Any help would be appreaciated thank you.

2tricky2

Re: Intel Proset/ wireless Authinacation issue

You want to tell us a little more about the laptops and the rest of the network.

I assume they have Intel WiFi cards but cant really tell anything else from your post.

Have you upgraded to the latest proset drivers?

Have you checked group policy and seen if you've managed to block anything?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Intel Proset/ wireless Authinacation issue

If it is the 2200 wireless card then I did read something about a problem but Intel have released a new driver to fix it. Sorry, can't remember what the problem was in relation to. http://www.intel.com
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X