X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROBLEM WITH CONNECTING A ROUTER TO UPGRADED ALCATEL 510

Hi
    everybody

i just bought a new netgear wireless modem (614 v4) and i am trying to use it with my Alcatel Modem who was upgraded to 510
    i followed the Entire DHCP SPOOFING thing but when i tried to connect to the Internet Throw the Router with user name and password i was unsucessful should i try to log on to the internet throw the router or throw the modem what exactly should i do if someone can give me a good advice i will appriciate it .....

1. Try connecting without new router see if the connection ok.
    Will you use the modem as a bridge or router?
    2. Decide which device will do the ROUTING.
    Keep in mind that if you want to use them both you will have to have 2 different networks configurations. Which is not bad just complicated.

Answer this and we will continue.
    Memento Mori

Comment

Problem with Wireless network

ok
      i got a new modem from bezqeq a real alcatel 510
      and the network is all set up but i still have a problem with the wireless connection that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every 10 minutes or so especially when i don't use the internet
      do you have any experience with These kind of Routers ?
      i have already assigned a static address for the wireless adpater on my laptop and i've upgraded the router's software (firmware) and the driver of my wireless card.
      do you have any suggestions for me?

Comment

Did you checked to the connection to the internet WITHOUT the wireless router? Is it working properly?
        How do you know that you disconnect every 10 minutes?
        What indication do you have?
        Memento Mori

Comment

There is an indicator on the task bar in the laptop that tells you the signal strench and all other info you need about the wireless connection and it tells me when i am connected or not
          the internet cinnectiong connection is working ok

Comment

Working...
          X