Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to configure router for internet sharing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to configure router for internet sharing?

In my office, My server using Winroute firewall to control and limit internet Usage in the Lan ( IP 192.168.0.0) and share Internet to neighbor offices. I don't want the neighbor offices to access folder sharing in my own Lan so i decide to use a DSL route to separate all neighber office to a different IP class (192.168.1.0). but the problem is the neighbor offices still can access the sharing folder in my own lan, and my Server have no way to control the internet usage (30 Mb/day) to each of the neighbor offices seperately, I think this is becuase My DSL Router Using NAT (Network Address Translation) to enabling accessing the Internet by a single IP address. and when disable NAT, all neighbor offices can't access internet anymore. i sure my DSL Router have been properly configured
    phease, anyone have any idea to help me to sharing control usage of internet to the neighbor offices and block the neighbor offices from accessing LAN
    .Click image for larger version

Name:	gif_1.gif
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	467589

Usually for internet sharing default IP is 192.168.0.1 if your sharing it via
    Windows using "ICS" . Your from which country and using which router? HUAWEI
    router ? Did you try to check the router via web based configuration interface ?
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Re: how to configure router for internet sharing?

Originally posted by vuthda
      In my office, My server using Winroute firewall to control and limit internet Usage in the Lan ( IP 192.168.0.0) and share Internet to neighbor offices. I don't want the neighbor offices to access folder sharing in my own Lan so i decide to use a DSL route to separate all neighber office to a different IP class (192.168.1.0). but the problem is the neighbor offices still can access the sharing folder in my own lan, and my Server have no way to control the internet usage (30 Mb/day) to each of the neighbor offices seperately, I think this is becuase My DSL Router Using NAT (Network Address Translation) to enabling accessing the Internet by a single IP address. and when disable NAT, all neighbor offices can't access internet anymore. i sure my DSL Router have been properly configured
      phease, anyone have any idea to help me to sharing control usage of internet to the neighbor offices and block the neighbor offices from accessing LAN
      .[ATTACH]695[/ATTACH]

Can you deploy Squid firewall on Linux server? If you know Linux commands,
      it's easy to control access. And bypass intranet traffic via that perticular proxy.
      block un neccesary http's and port's. It helps a lot. You also need PIX i guess for
      better security. Or you can buy Cisco Layer III switch, create VLAN's. So sharing
      problem will vanish. Your neighbor's are also in same "DOMAIN" ?
      All in 1
      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

Re: how to configure router for internet sharing?

hi

i think better to add an additional LAN card on the server. IP u assign e-g 10.1.1.1. have a startight through cable to connect the LAN card to the ADSL WAN.

now in ADSL WAN ip give as 10.1.1.2 with d.g as 10.1.1.1

and LAN 192.168.1.x network

This will work by giving a static route entry in server for 10.0.0.0 to internet

Regards

Prabu
        prabu

Comment

Working...
        X