Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortinet Users?

Are there any Fortinet users out there?

We have replaced our Cisco PIX with a Fortinet firewall because it is ASIC based, it has inline AV & IPS, and it does content filtering. (no I'm not trying to sell them)

Anyone out there using Fortinet so we can share stories? Has anyone upgraded to version 3.0 and is using the Windows AD shim to authentication AD user?

Thanks,
    David
    Last edited by daviddavis; 18th August 2006, 15:01.
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Re: Fortinet Users?

I can recommend waiting for OS 3.0 Second Edition – this even the recommended
    Of the local Fortinet support.
    Also, I don’t recommended to use Fortinet usually, and like to use Netscreen that have more stable OS.
    The mini Radius server of Fortinet should be install on to DC's for Redundancy.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: Fortinet Users?

HI yuval14,

Thank you for your recommendations on Fortinet. We have been testing the 3.0 version but have run into some issues. Sometimes the Windows AD "shim" works fine and other times it seems to just stop working. The IPSEC tunnels to the 2.x Fortinets won't come up when connecting to the 3.0 box.

We will wait and see what the 2nd service pack can bring us in the way of fixes.

Thanks for your post!
      David Davis
      David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
      Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
      TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
      Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Comment

Working...
      X