Cisco CCSP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisco CCSP

Is there anyone out there preparing for the Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) ceritification?

If you aren't familiar with it, the CCSP is the equivalent. of a CCNP but with a security specialization.

To achieve a CCSP, you must already have a CCNA certification and take 5 exams. In the Microsoft world, this is the equivalent to having a MCSE:Security.

For more information on the CCSP, take a look at this weblink:
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le...type_home.html

-David
    David Davis - Petri Forums Moderator & Video Training Author
    Train Signal - The Global Leader in IT Video Training
    TrainSignalTraining.com - Free IT Training Products
    Personal Websites: HappyRouter.com & VMwareVideos.com

Re: Cisco CCSP

Not yet...
    why do you want to know?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Hi Marcel,

I am just curious to talk to someone who has been through the CCSP tests. I would like to hear what they did to prepare, what kind of experience they had, and how difficult or reasonable the tests were.

Thanks,
      David

Comment

i can ask one of my colleques, but i'm not sure if they are already ccsp.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

I am trying to prepare for CCSP. this really depends on every ones personal experience! i have been working with cisco VPN and troublshooting pix firewalls so for me CSVP and CISCO ASA and pix papers are easy! i have not worked on IPS and all that stuff alot so I find that difficult!

are you currently working on Cisco Security?

Comment

Hi lashboy,
            Thank you for your post!
            I have taken and passed the CCIE Security written but not the lab.
            Much of the same material applies.
            I was curious how difficult you feel the CCSP tests are, given your experience.
            If you run across any questions in your studies, feel free to post them here.
            Or, as you take your tests, feel free to post your thoughts and experiences with the different exams (I don't want braindumps or anything like that, just your general experience as you go through the certification). Perhaps the Petri forum members and I can assist in some way.
            Sincerely,
            David

Comment

Originally posted by daviddavis
              Hi lashboy,
              Thank you for your post!
              I have taken and passed the CCIE Security written Sincerely,
              David
              Congratulations man !!! You are a Cisco geek to say :P Security is in demand.
              I m also thinking to sit for CCSP exam's. Configuring ACL's is boring.. CCSP
              don't contain bulk syllabus. You already may be knowing it. CCNP contains huge
              huge topic's. Specially in BCMSN ... Very very vast syllabus ... in CCSP i saw some
              common security duc's like ports and other major security issues. But the fact is
              95 % companies already have infrastructure and i think they need expert Cisco
              certified security professionals who can manage Cisco PIX and other security appliances. What do you say ?
              All in 1
              Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

well. i'm going for my ccsp as well. trying to find material on the snd right now. maybe we can get some ccsp topics going. security will be around for a good while.

Comment

I have looked at proceeding with my CCSP exams after passing my CCNA a while back. However, I've came to a rock and hard place. 3 of the 5 exams I have daily experience with the topics(SND, SNRS, SNPA).

While the other 2 (IPS, HIPS or CANAC or MARS) I have no experience with these products and barely any have any knowledge regarding them other than what I get from our Cisco partners.

I would really like to get this CCSP certification, but I feel this might hold me back.

Any advice?
                  MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Working...
                  X