ASA VPN radius authentication failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASA VPN radius authentication failure

Have setup a VPN on an ASA 5510 using ASDM and set to authenticate against Radius running on a Server 2008 R2 box.

When running the test I get the following error:
    Code:
    ERROR: Authentication Rejected: AAA failure
    I followed the instructions here to set it up. Radius works for our Meraki AP (obviously with different network policies etc).

Can anyone suggest my next step to rectifying this at all? If more info is please let me know and I'll supply.
    James
    MCP

Re: ASA VPN radius authentication failure

While I have no direct experience with this, reading your link, there's a section near the bottom of the page which describes how to troubleshoot just such a problem, from both the Cisco and MS Server sides.

Have you any debug logs from the ASA, or events on your NPS server to show us?
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

yeah tried going through all the troubleshooting and logs etc. Never actually got to the bottom of this. Even had a CCNP who sets these up as a living take a look for us but he said everything looked fine. In the end we have just setup a RRAS server.
      James
      MCP

Comment

Good that you got it working somehow. Sorry I couldn't suggest anything specific, but my ASA isn't used as a VPN endpoint for anything. Getting my ASA to authenticate an admin login against AD was nightmare enough, so I don't envy you going that one step further.
        *RicklesP*
        MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X