Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java applet slow loading

Hi, Everyone
    I have a Cisco ASA-5510 with Software Version 7.0(7).through which we access a java web application from the remote branch. Users complain that the applets loads slow and even the forms and boxes respond very slow. Earlier this java web application used to be local and was convincingly very good to access.

Is there anything I can modify on ASA to allow this particular traffic for web application to be fast.

I am not a professional but have been configuring access list and Nat. PAT on ASA.

Can any one out there help me sorting out this issue.

thanks and regards for everyone.

Re: Java applet slow loading

What type of wan link are you going over? Of course it will be much faster when it was hosted locally. If this is accessed over vpn then you have the overhead of the ipsec traffic which can cause issues on low bandwidth links. Your version of code is old as well. Could be a number of things.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

thanks for your reply,
      we have a leased line with 2mb , there is no vpn between the remote branch and the local network. we have just some access lists for NAT/PAT to map local printers to global IPs.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
        What type of wan link are you going over? Of course it will be much faster when it was hosted locally. If this is accessed over vpn then you have the overhead of the ipsec traffic which can cause issues on low bandwidth links. Your version of code is old as well. Could be a number of things.

thanks for your reply,
        we have a leased line with 2mb , there is no vpn between the remote branch and the local network. we have just some access lists for NAT/PAT to map local printers to global IPs.

thanks.

Comment

First thing I would do is to see how much available bandwidth you have on that 2Mb circuit during peak hours. Could just be a bandwidth issue. If it is a bandwidth issue than you could apply some QOS to prioritize the java traffic. May also want to look at the server hosting the java application. Is this a java app or an applet?
          Last edited by auglan; 6th June 2013, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by auglan View Post
            First thing I would do is to see how much available bandwidth you have on that 2Mb circuit during peak hours. Could just be a bandwidth issue. If it is a bandwidth issue than you could apply some QOS to prioritize the java traffic. May also want to look at the server hosting the java application. Is this a java app or an applet?
            Dear Auglan
            thanks a ton,

it indeed a java applets, and how can I QOS or prioritize, only the traffic between the local network and remote server?
            any help is really very much appreciated,
            i want to prioritize this traffic.

regards.

Comment

QOS would depend on what hardware you are using. All platforms are a little different. First check bandwidth utilization. If you see that that circuit is saturated then think about QOS. QOS only comes into play during periods of congestion.

Comment

Working...
              X