ASA and redundant network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASA and redundant network

I'm thinking about getting the ASA firewall for our office, and i'm not sure is it possible to have 2 different providers connected to it with failover so i will keep exchange server with our old provider and the rest of the traffic will go throught new provider, also when the new provider will go down it will direct the traffic from the new one to the old one ?

Re: ASA and redundant network

I would recommend the ASA 5510 as you get more interfaces to work with. You could do it with the 5505 with the security plus license. Use 1 interface for inside lan, outside for one isp and dmz for the other.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

is it possible to use 2 interfaces with 2 different providers at the same time or only one?

Comment

If your asking if both ISP's can be active at the same time then no as the ASA doesnt support two active default routes. It would have to be an active/failover scenario.

Comment

is there a solution so i can have exchange running on 1st provider and the rest on 2nd ?

Comment

The ASA only supports equal cost routes via the same interface not different interfaces so load balancing via 2 isp's isn't possible off the ASA as the ASA doesn't support PBR. If you had an upstream router connected to both ISP's then you could use policy routing to accomplish this. I did find this link in regards to a similar setup. I haven't tried this setup before but it may be worthwhile to look at.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13015

Comment

thank you ...it give me the idea

Comment

Working...
              X