Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VPN from an IP in a Loopback network how to join the internal network.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN from an IP in a Loopback network how to join the internal network.

Hi,

I've been reading some really interesting posts this last few days and I've build this little idea and I'm blocked.

Until now when I've configured a VPN it was always the basic configuration. The router has 2 interfaces, one to the internet and the other to an internal network with only one subnet. So with the VPN I had always assigned an IP from the internal network and that's all. I've discovered this is not the best way to do it so I decided to try a few things.

Now I've build a lab with a router with 2 interfaces and a Loopback interface. One of them is connected to internet, one to my internal network. The loopback interface is on a new network and the idea is when I connect the VPN I've an IP in the loopback network.

Here my little schema:

.....................................Loopback (192.168.2.0/28, 192.168.2.1)
    .....................................|
    .....................................|
    IP Public Address --- ROUTER ------ Internal Network (192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.1.1)

So I have been able from the internet to join with the VPN the 192.168.2.0 network. But my computer from internet doesn't have a route to the 192.168.1.0 so I can't ping them. After that, I added a route from my computer to the 192.168.1.0 network and the gateway is 192.168.2.1 but is still not working. Also my idea is than the client doesn't need to do anything else to connect to the VPN in order to access all the networks inside his company when he is connected to the VPN, so this is not a solution for me.

Can you give me some advices in order to know what I need to investigate in order to learn how to do this.

Thanks for your help ^^.

Re: VPN from an IP in a Loopback network how to join the internal network.

Post up the config so we can take a look.
    CCNA, Network+

Comment

Re: VPN from an IP in a Loopback network how to join the internal network.

you need to add routes, and Access Control Lists, on the router, to allow traffic from 192.168.2.0 to 192.168.1.0 (and possibly vice versa)
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X