Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot access remote ressources when connected via VPN.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot access remote ressources when connected via VPN.

Hi,

Having a weird problem here when connected in VPN (not sure if it's a VPN thing actually).

I've tested this on 2 different OS, WinXP and Win7.

First, the VPN connection connects without a problem. However...

On XP, the Internet connection and local ressources aren't accessible (which is normal). Remote server is accessible and DNS resolves.

On the 7 machine, the Internet connection and local ressources keep working but no access to the remote server.

So this is obviously something to do with the default route the client is using. A route print shows 2 default route (on both PC):

0.0.0.0 192.168.254.1
    0.0.0.0 192.168.25.1

For some reason, the Win7 takes the .254 route while the XP takes the .25 route. Adding a static route on the client solves this but this is jsut a workaround IMO.

Any idea ?

Best regards,

trep

Re: Cannot access remote ressources when connected via VPN.

check the "use default gateway on remote network"
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, i've been looking for this option and cannot find it...

I right click the network connection > properties > click on TCP/IP Protocol > properties > in the general tab (where you put static IP), i click advance and there are no options (see attachment) (note, this is on XP but i get the same windows with 7).

Best regards,

trep
      Attached Files

Comment

Its under the VPN TCP/IP properties.
        Attached Files
        CCNA, Network+

Comment

Yep, i can find this option under the TCP/IP properties of a PPTP connection but the Cisco VPN client created "local area network" disabled when the client is not connected and it just enables it when you use it. The screenshot i took is from that network connection, here's the list i have.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X